LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

E vs S swell MoCo

I was watching the jetties and noticed how much different the MoCo jetties break on east vs south swells. Anybody able to thoroughly explain what's going on?

Images
    I feel like MoCo faces directly east. So when an east swell hits, it doesn't peel off the jetties like it will on a south swell. On the south it just peeeelss right for days

Images
    I'm laughing at myself for calling it moco...

yea that makes sense. I'm talking more about the ways the sand is set

Images
    I have no idea how sand fits into the equation. I'd like to know as well though.

I always hear people here, and everywhere really that "This spot has such a nice sandbar" and all that jazz, but isn't sand shifting all the time? I feel that the longest time a sandbar can stay stagnant isn't really all that long.

Lightbulb moco swell direction

east swell closes out but births rips…se swell nice, but in somoco (one upped ya) a long
    period se swell also dumps (as opposed to breaking)…best bet is sse. an ese for moco
    means…i don't know. i'll punt and say this ideal direction for the cove at shook.

Images
    Your abbreviations are stellar.

Yea...any explanations as why it's easier the get out on the left side of the jetty? regardless of direction..

Images
    Brahs- I'm not sure what your talking about...

My fav break in moco - Belmar,NJ- breaks and peels on any swell direction. In fact- it always seems to be a few feet bigger then other popular moco spots... You can feel it when your out there!

#FeelTheMagicInBelmarNJ

Images
    #NoWorriesAboutPeriodOnTheArtificialReef