LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trip to FL

Images

trip to FL

I am taking a trip to visit my snowbird parents in Orlando from Friday through Monday. Saturday looks like a good day to catch some waves in Cocoa or Smyra. If someone is local and is planning to surf would mind PMing me some info I'd appreciate it. More than anything, where would be a good spot to rent a fiberglass board, and best tides for certain spots. I ride anything from a 5'6" to 9' log, and enjoy mush to barrels. Just looking to put a new notch on the surfing spot bedpost. Probably only go for 3-4 hours since I'm visiting family.
    Thanks, Pete

cocoa beach waves arent nearly as good as nsb or sebastian, waves are much better in new smyrna and heading to sebastian myself on saturday

It's a NNE swell, so Cocoa Beach will be very sheltered. I'd come across from Orlando on 192, straight into Indialantic and check there first if you're thinking of going south. You can rent boards a few places there. Longboard House being one of them.

There'll be some wrap in South Cocoa Beach. I surfed south of the pier on hard angled N swell, fun log waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Losttsol View Post
    It's a NNE swell, so Cocoa Beach will be very sheltered. I'd come across from Orlando on 192, straight into Indialantic and check there first if you're thinking of going south. You can rent boards a few places there. Longboard House being one of them.
    + 1^^^^^ low tide is best at this spot lots of breaks.

I'm not a local in those parts, but from a visiting surfers perspective, NSB is better waves but more crowded and lots more talent in the water. Cocoa is more mellow. Playalinda or RCs could be the call on Saturday. RCs is easier to get to - Satellite Beach - and is a spread out lineup, and holds a good swell, but it is quite a paddle. I have never been to Playalinda but it is north of Cape Canaveral and is a long drive from anywhere. I hope you get better info from a local. Have fun.

Images
    NSB is not going to be quite as big up there this weekend, so Satellite Beach southward all the way down to w.p.b. is going to be good, somebody mentioned Longboard House to rent a board, is your best bet, good people too. Its been pretty chilly here in the A.M. so bring a 3/2 wetty, or a long sleeve top with you.

Anywhere from Patrick's AFB to Sebastian Inlet is your best bet Saturday, there are shops every 5 feet with rentals

Images
    +++1..... P.a.f.b.

Images
    Thanks for the info guys. I did bring my 3/2, and based on what you're saying and tides, I'll hit it first thing in the morning. Probably will probably come straight east on 192 then head south and check the break like most of you recommended. Small chance I'll check out Playalinda; I usually like that kind of location.
    Now all I have to do is make sure the family plans don't conflict...