LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surftech boards

Surftech boards

So im thinking about purchasing my first "new" board and found a good deal for a Surftech "No Brand" Stylish Nugget (9'3"). I was wondering what people thought of the surftech tuflite technology and wheather this would be an acceptable board for and beginner looking to advance. I live in southern maine so the summers can be pretty harsh. Learded on a 7'6" fish and am looking for a longer board for those small summer days.

Images
    Most ppl don't like the surftech boards.... But I got one and I love it! It's my go to board to surf any conditions that's Belmar NJ (aka the east coast pipe) will throw my way.. but it's an al merrick not a surftech brand shape... That being said I can't account for the shape of the board. But I do like that fact that it's hard to ding and it's super buoyant.. Your just beginning so I think it would be a good board for you! You might not notice the difference in shape

Why not go the extra 14" like the other Chuck from So. ME and you can be twins with the same name riding the same Hotkurl 10'5 at the same crappy beachbreak?

I had a Surftech. Thing could take a beating. And Lord knows I'll give a stick a beating with the beating I take on the wave. Light and strong they are, I don't care what cats here will say bout them.

Thumbs up surftech techie

from the info you gave it sounds like you are making a good choice. my experience with
    the surftech company products has been a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck'd View Post
    So im thinking about purchasing my first "new" board and found a good deal for a Surftech "No Brand" Stylish Nugget (9'3"). I was wondering what people thought of the surftech tuflite technology and wheather this would be an acceptable board for and beginner looking to advance. I live in southern maine so the summers can be pretty harsh. Learded on a 7'6" fish and am looking for a longer board for those small summer days.
    Yo, I just got a new Surftech board. Its a 6" board and its perfect for jersey. Go shorter not longer

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cski707 View Post
    Yo, I just got a new Surftech board. Its a 6" board and its perfect for jersey. Go shorter not longer
    I think I found a video of you ripping on that 6 inch stick.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    I think I found a video of you ripping on that 6 inch stick.
    I can accelerate a little faster than the guy in this video.

Thanks for the good info guys. Hopefully this means more waves caught this summer. I was litterally paddling the length of the beach some days just to get in the water.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Why not go the extra 14" like the other Chuck from So. ME and you can be twins with the same name riding the same Hotkurl 10'5 at the same crappy beachbreak?

I had a Surftech. Thing could take a beating. And Lord knows I'll give a stick a beating with the beating I take on the wave. Light and strong they are, I don't care what cats here will say bout them.
    Oh hey Spicoli aren't you mr funny funny. I'm still willing to take you up on the offer to meet at the wall one of these days bro. Come on bro come at me.

https://vine.co/v/hUqUzjM9deO

And for the record surftech makes very durable stuff but I do find that it chips easly which can lead to more problems but a lick of epoxy will fix up the surftech epoxy boards real quick

go for it

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck'd View Post
    i started on a fiberglass 9'6" and stayed on it for 2 yrs. i wanted to transition to a shorter board and found the surftec mac fish 7'2" to be perfect. it floated the same as the longboard and i could duckdive it and maneuver it. was a game changer for me. i am now onto a 6' surftec board after a few more incremental drops, all epoxy boards. i wont buy a fiberglass board again bc they are too fragile.

heres the link
    money well spent
    http://surf.surftech.com/featured-bo...aflx-mac-fish/
    good luck