LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: This forum

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ocean County NJ
    Posts
    1,024
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    when did i ever claim that i control what gets posted here? unlike you, i don't have those delusions
    It doesn't matter if you ever claimed, said, wrote, thought, or implied anything.

    The rule is:
    PJB makes an assumption or assumptions, and we are to accept it/them as fact, no questions, no arguments.

    "When you assume it makes an A S S out of U and ME" does not apply.

  2. #22
    I am not saying I don't enjoy the bs, it's funny. I am just saying there's more trash talking the surf talk. That other stuff makes it more entertaining.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl Surfer View Post
    I am not saying I don't enjoy the bs, it's funny. I am just saying there's more trash talking the surf talk. That other stuff makes it more entertaining.
    Talking about surfing is boring.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    It doesn't matter if you ever claimed, said, wrote, thought, or implied anything.

    The rule is:
    PJB makes an assumption or assumptions, and we are to accept it/them as fact, no questions, no arguments.

    "When you assume it makes an A S S out of U and ME" does not apply.
    Doug you still wanting to F with me? What you an Za Gaf have a little thing going?

    Disprove one of my "assumptions"

    Ahhh another Challenge.

    Ok NJSURFER42 has to create a SURF RELATED thread and get over 1000 views by Saturday at 10:00 am

    Doug, will provide one of my "assumptions" and debunk it using science and just a tad of religion.

    Ok boys you have your work cut out for you.

    Doug, The Rangers suck.

  5. #25
    Braddahs:

    There may be more non-surf talk than surf talk on here in total, but this is a pretty active message forum. I'd think there are as many or more threads and posts per day (average throughout year) on surf topics than other boards. When posting here, you can expect several to many responses within the first hour or two. So, if you're looking for surf talk, don't pay attention to the other stuff and just read/post about surf. Seems functional and practical doesn't it?

    I posted about surf topics incessantly when I came on here and tried to help where I could as my knowledge built from scratch. I was chastised for both. Whatever. There was clearly enough to keep me coming back. Yes, there's a lot of side chatter that can be overwhelming. The flames and tension are typical of forums altogether, not just surf or anything specific. This is the internet. It you can't take the heat then get the jackrichard out the kitchen.

    Honestly, the "hate" here lately has been more or less facetious and in jest. It's not been much real hate meant to insult anyone, and I've been here long enough to see and experience lots of real hate other times. If anything, the last several weeks, while very weird, have been a bonding of sorts for most of the regulars here. There are still beefs that come and go, but the unity or simple getting along of the regular core that posts mosts often has shown the highest camaraderie by far since I've been here.

    I've taken multiple breaks from the board for a week or more for different reasons. I'm posting most days now, but not having time to read most threads and posts. I'm reading some, but not getting to all and I do miss a lot in that case. Which tells you how much gets posted on here in a day. So you think even with some very intelligent and experienced people that most posts will be educated and informative? You're greedy if so.

    Be happy this isn't a dormant forum and there's anything at all to take from it. Most boards suck on the net. The SEARCH FUNCTION is your best friend if you want surf-related content. Really, 95% of what you can/will ask or discuss for surf stuff has already been discussed in depth in the past. If you can't handle the other "editorial" off-topic material, don't read it. You're doing so at your own risk and it's no one's fault. And...if you stick around long enough, you'll likely go from constantly heckled/instigated to accepted as one of the bunch.

    Above all, SI admin/owner dude puts up with a lot and still allows us to use his FREE forum. That's a decent gesture, especially considering he likes to keep positive relations in his small community of site owners and had to hear more than an earful for this week's fun.

    If you have enough free time to really get upset at this board, the real problem may be your excess of free time...

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Fl Surfer View Post
    This is my first post....and so far I learned this site is 10% surfing, and 90% trash talk....
    It's also 10% of the people doing 90% of the trash talking. Really though, it's kind of like background music to me now. I'd feel as if something was wrong if there weren't a few people jabbering about some utter nonsense at all times.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Wow, I'll tell you......... that Massachusetts education.

    Well done, Spicoli. While you may suffer from multiple personality disorder, your brain is so sharp. Spicoli has the uncanny ability to maintain calm, and disassociate himself from his emotions while summing up the Swellinfo experience. This place stirs the emotions. I keep a box of tissues and sedatives by hand at all times. It was succinct synopsis of the whole deal. Bravo. Pulitzer !! Pulitzer !!

    Though Spicoli, I must take exception to one issue. Mr. Swellinfo Guy should thank us. Our constant activity on here brings in the ads, which in-turn buys beach houses with pools. POOLS !!! I still can't get over that he has a pool ! The dude used to ban me frequently all the while I'm feeding his dog. But that's cool. Dogs are good.

    Oh southern guys, a pool is a ce- ment pond.........where y'all wash or "warsh" after chasing varmits.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Oh for shoots and giggles I checked the viewing and posting history of some who insult the non-surfing nonsense. Those who speak ill of the characters....

    I won't mention names in respect to HIPPA Laws, but I found that these people spend much more time on the threads they claim to dislike, and much less time on Surf Related threads.

    {Macgregor - the last two threads, performed consecutively, took me one day to come up with - 24 hours]

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    Wow, I'll tell you......... that Massachusetts education.

    Well done, Spicoli. While you may suffer from multiple personality disorder, your brain is so sharp. Spicoli has the uncanny ability to maintain calm, and disassociate himself from his emotions while summing up the Swellinfo experience. This place stirs the emotions. I keep a box of tissues and sedatives by hand at all times. It was succinct synopsis of the whole deal. Bravo. Pulitzer !! Pulitzer !!

    Though Spicoli, I must take exception to one issue. Mr. Swellinfo Guy should thank us. Our constant activity on here brings in the ads, which in-turn buys beach houses with pools. POOLS !!! I still can't get over that he has a pool ! The dude used to ban me frequently all the while I'm feeding his dog. But that's cool. Dogs are good.

    Oh southern guys, a pool is a ce- ment pond.........where y'all wash or "warsh" after chasing varmits.
    We have no need for cement ponds. We stick to bathing in pluff mud.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by gegarrenton View Post
    ^ Truth...

    ^^Truth x2

    It usually takes me actually talking to live people at the surf shop now -