LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    what mil suit do you have?
    as far as board recommendation...I would say a funshape in the 7'6"-8'6" range, from there you go either way either shorter or longer with a lot more ease.
    feb-march the water is at it's coldest temps of a normal year.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Just talked to Brian there. Great guy. Looks like we're setting up for late Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    what mil suit do you have?
    as far as board recommendation...I would say a funshape in the 7'6"-8'6" range, from there you go either way either shorter or longer with a lot more ease.
    feb-march the water is at it's coldest temps of a normal year.
    I own a 4/3, but I recognize I'd need a little more protection than that suit offers. Thanks for the rec.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amdmt View Post
    Just talked to Brian there. Great guy. Looks like we're setting up for late Feb.
    awesome. Brian is great at giving lessons.

5. I'll give lesson just to have someone in the water with me. My lesson plan would involve you starting on the Koa wood board, working your way up through the LB quiver, and culminating in you riding Lances big gun to win the Pipe Classic.

It'd be fun, but at the end you will have to go back to the mainland and leave the local chick behind. If interested, PM me for payment instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidlips View Post
    culminating in you riding Lances big gun to win the Pipe Classic.

it really is a ridic end to a movie, this made me laugh a bunch

7. Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    it really is a ridic end to a movie, this made me laugh a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Squidlips View Post
    I'll give lesson just to have someone in the water with me. My lesson plan would involve you starting on the Koa wood board, working your way up through the LB quiver, and culminating in you riding Lances big gun to win the Pipe Classic.

It'd be fun, but at the end you will have to go back to the mainland and leave the local chick behind. If interested, PM me for payment instructions.
    I surf OCMD alone a lot too. Never surfed above 36th though. Maybe i'll hit 70th next time.

funny how we just had a thread slamming a surf coach,but I think what u did is a good idea.im in nj,but if I was in md id happily help u out.its better to learn from someone who surfs all the time instead of a surf school or surfshop lesson.they do not teach u anyting but how to roll with the whitewater.id say just go around your local spot and talk to the locals.most surfers are cool people who would love to see the stoke on a new dudes face,but we do have a few in the douchebag department.surfshop lessons are the reason people come on here to talk bs.aslong as u don't drop in on others,youll be good.and if u can up your knowledge and surf the rest of the winter swells,youll be ready to surf anywhere.thats why a lot of eastcoast guys surf well at pipe,because its basically the same thing,except for the size of the wave and the crowd.take off right under the ledge,pull in,and scream whipppahhhh

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    funny how we just had a thread slamming a surf coach,but I think what u did is a good idea.im in nj,but if I was in md id happily help u out.its better to learn from someone who surfs all the time instead of a surf school or surfshop lesson.they do not teach u anyting but how to roll with the whitewater.id say just go around your local spot and talk to the locals.most surfers are cool people who would love to see the stoke on a new dudes face,but we do have a few in the douchebag department.surfshop lessons are the reason people come on here to talk bs.aslong as u don't drop in on others,youll be good.and if u can up your knowledge and surf the rest of the winter swells,youll be ready to surf anywhere.thats why a lot of eastcoast guys surf well at pipe,because its basically the same thing,except for the size of the wave and the crowd.take off right under the ledge,pull in,and scream whipppahhhh
    so very true and the time-honored way to do it right. be humble and keep your eys open and motuh closed and you will get it. To clarify, you will be able to surf anywhere BUT Belmar, it's too heavy there for most people who don't date hindus.