LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Just Back From Mentawais

Everything you've heard is true. Imagin the very best day here on Delmarva say in the last 30 years, cause it isn't even close to what we saw and rode in Indonesia over the last 3 weeks. Best surf trip of my life and one my son and I will never forget. I could go on for hours about memerable sessions and particular waves and never fully be able to discribe the experiance. Just go and find out for yourself!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Awesome!!! Welcome back....I'm sure it was a great experience.

Images
    the photo speaks volumes!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Imagin the very best day here on Delmarva say in the last 30 years, cause it isn't even close to what we saw and rode in Indonesia over the last 3 weeks.
    Welcome back, and be prepared to be depressed for the next 30 years unless you return. The photo is sick, got anymore? upload them in the photo section

just curious

just wondering...how much did a 3 week stay out there cost you?
    i've always wanted to camp out on the beach out in indo, but have heard horror stories of people getting malaria...what kinda trip was it?

that pic is great. did you go on a surf tour? me, my cousin and some friends from HI have been talking about a trip out there thanks alot for any info

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper4184 View Post
    just wondering...how much did a 3 week stay out there cost you?
    x2

Looks like you had fun. We caught all 3 islands we went to with a decent swell in the water. We caught Pdang Pdang pretty damn good. Shipwrecks and Pipe were also really good!.

Small day at a fun place...

Last edited by Chris Joyner; Jun 20, 2008 at 06:48 PM.

Images
    The biggest expense is the airfare which will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $1800 round trip to Indo. Plus surfboard fees, which in my case came to $750. Some don't get charged, it seems like no one really knows what to charge they just kind of wing it at the counter. In NYC they charged me $150 per board over 4 boards. In Jakarta they charged me $150 x 2 because my coffins were over 20 kilos each.

We flew into Bali for a week and stayed at a local hotel which was very reasonable. Depending on your buget, one could stay in Bali for as little as $30 a day for lodging, food, and transportation. Bali was fun but very crowded which was a factor in my overall rating of the place.

From Bali we went to the Mentawai Islands which was truely heaven on earth. This part can be expensive because you either have to charter a boat or stay at one of only a handful of surf resorts. We stayed at Kandui which was awesome. This resort is right in the middle of the playgrounds region and is an easy boat ride to at least 15 different breaks. One could go "feral" for cheap but be careful as standards are nothing like one would expect in many areas of the world. Local fishing boats can be chartered for cheap, but you may not make it back. I will be happy to elaborate in detail later. Wife is calling got to go.

charlie, wow i am so depressed now....if only the east coast was indo...haha