LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    52 feet??!! Silly limeys, only Belmar can hold that size.
    That's right PumpMaster!!! ONLY IN BELMAR,NJ

#BelmarBreaksat52ft

#OnlyOnTheReefBelmarNJ

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    That's right PumpMaster!!! ONLY IN BELMAR,NJ

#BelmarBreaksat52ft

#OnlyOnTheReefBelmarNJ

but only breaks at third reef

I miss the Days when Matt Johnson was a prolific forum contributor

1 vote for matt johnson

Quote Originally Posted by JLCx2 View Post
    'Sup guys, just to clarify, MSW doesn't need clicks, there's no advertising, the forum is run on a shoestring server hanging off the back of some dusty tower in a warehouse in Devon somewhere, that's why the PhPbb is ancient and there's no plans to upgrade. I am the only Mod who regularly looks in and since I emigrated to Oz it is hard to keep tabs. Not that this is some kind of sob story, just putting it in context you know.

The forum is pretty much self policing, I don't have to step in too often anyway, just check new sign ups and approve. Rarely do things kick off so maybe you'll understand why I reacted as I did to the evidence I had.

Anyway, censorship is not a good thing, loose moderation and a forum that is benign anarchy is good as long as people afford each other a level of respect. Levels of respect seem to be entirely subjective though so that's where it falls back to the moderation philosophy, which means the moderation policy has to be iterative and measured, take note of what the community commit to in terms of behaviour and adjust accordingly. It's definitely a two way street though, bit of quid pro quo innit.

just my 2c anyway, you guys are welcome to come and look in if you want to contribute, although as a Brit forum you might not be interested. Also, if you wanna write posts like PrinceWilliam we probably have enough of that crap to enjoy just now
    If I were you guys, i'd worry more about forecasting more accurately, and less about the forum. For the record, i didn't participate in that whole deal, but seeing how it all played out was a bit ridiculous. Some people just need to lighten up and have a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    If I were you guys, i'd worry more about forecasting more accurately, and less about the forum. For the record, i didn't participate in that whole deal, but seeing how it all played out was a bit ridiculous. Some people just need to lighten up and have a sense of humor.
    The guys that run the forecasting side are always open to positive feedback, there are tools to adjust forecast readings based on locally observed conditins, for example, I know that at my local break at home, unless the swell is coming through between 30 and 120 degrees I can take 2-3ft off the size, factor that in along with understanding wind directions and everythign is hunky dory.

I am no forecaster though and can't get into the forecasting debate on a thread about moderation, I'm not employed or paid by MSW, I just look after the forum as it is nice to give something back.

Go visit NE Surf and check out their new forum. Then, go to surferforums.com and check out their old forum. Rules and regulations destroy. Let the people be free!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post
    Go visit NE Surf and check out their new forum. Then, go to surferforums.com and check out their old forum. Rules and regulations destroy. Let the people be free!
    Exactly. What are there like 5 threads now on the new NEsurf?

8. Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    Okay, with all the drama in the forum lately, its clear that we need to make changes in order to make this a place hospitable for real genuine discussions.

Please PM SI_ADMIN if you are interested in being a forum moderator.

As a moderator, you will be asked to give out infractions to users who break the rule set, which are set forth in the sticky thread at the top of the forum home page and listed below. Your use history will be reviewed to see if we can trust your decision making in an unbiased manner. If you have ever been banned or given infractions, please don't take the time.

The rules are:
    - No Inappropriate Language
    - No Making offensive/insulting comments
    - No spamming
    - No Threatening other members
    - No sexually explicit material
    - No discussion regarding engaging of illegal activities
    - No Hijacking thread topic (unrelated tangent).
    - No Trolling (creating a stir for no reason)

If you like this forum, when we are talking about actually surfing or other interesting topics, and want to lend a helping hand to keep things running smoothly, then please send me a pm.
    HEY! suck it *****es come see me in belmar, nj if you ever want to see some real waves, no chance of me letting you catch a ride tho since I'm king regent of NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Williams View Post
    HEY! suck it *****es come see me in belmar, nj if you ever want to see some real waves, no chance of me letting you catch a ride tho since I'm king regent of NJ
    This thread is dead now. Why are we still on it? The goals were met -

Make forum safe for genuine conversation...check.
    Make people not as interested...check
    make sonoffollower leave...check

Images
    what he said above. Or make me a Mod and let me take out the trash.