LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    It is double overhead, but the wind sucks
    I cant take you or doug seriously with those avatars.

Contest is on! 8am Hawaiian Time, 1pm EST.

uhh it's 2 foot rights. why are they running?

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    uhh it's 2 foot rights. why are they running?
    Because this swell fades through Friday with at least one, maybe two large swells expected late Sun through Weds. They might as well get through the first few rounds while the winds are cooperating and then take lei days as necessary to pick the best conditions for the semi's and final.

i get what you're saying but i just don't enjoy watching contests running in slop. the ASP has the same strategy but i feel like a specialty event like this should be held when it's thumping not mediocre.

Well, the next two swells should have more west in them which works better at pipe, so hopefully it'll be firing after the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Completely agree. Especially since it's the last event of the year. They should at least extend the waiting period through mid January.
    Remember Bede's "Pipe" Master win?
    I think Da Hui has some say in the scheduling. They want the Tour gone for the best swells.

conditions are not ideal today.sad to see someone like bruce irons or gavin beschen not do well because the waves sucked.jamie o brien,its hard for him to lose in his backyard

9. I am pretty stoked to see local OCNJ ripper Rob Kelly surf .. he rips here ... would love to see what he does in Hawaii

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stayabovetheweather View Post
    I am pretty stoked to see local OCNJ ripper Rob Kelly surf .. he rips here ... would love to see what he does in Hawaii
    He's in the contest!?!?! Wish Balaram won.