LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Willey

Images

Willey

is this guy for real? i got interested in his post on this beater board thread....exchanged a couple of e-mails regarding the specs and pricing info on his version of the beater board...but when i asked him to see a little more of the board - a video, any shop where it might be seen, anything that might help me get a better view of it, he ceases to respond altogether.

i'm really interested in the shape and the concept, but now i'm wondering if the board really exists or if this guy is a flake - any of you OC MD guys familiar with this guy? i'm trying to do business with him, but now i'm thinking maybe that's not such a good idea....which is a shame, because i really am interested in buying something like that.

I've seen his stuff before. I think Coastal Surf Supply might carry some of his stuff

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigwavedaveskim View Post
    I've seen his stuff before. I think Coastal Surf Supply might carry some of his stuff
    thanks for the tip. yup, i do see a couple of those Answer boards on there, but unfortunately not the one i'm interested in.

i hate to have work this hard to spend money with someone. people in this business, shapers in particular, frequently seem to get a pass on the basic rules of customer service anyway (you know, return calls/messages promptly, keep your customer informed, deliver when promised, etc etc - business etiquette 101). maybe it's just me. it often is.

Chaunceys surf shop on 30th and 56th st also sells em. My buddy has one, there alot of fun, easy to paddle.

The Answer boards can be found in pretty much any surf shop in the De/Md/NJ area. I know Beach House in Bayhead sells quite a few. Just go check one out, pretty similar concept to the beater, just a foam finless board. As far as customer service you have to remember that shapers get blasted with emails from dudes asking a million questions. Unfortunately they can't spend a lot of time fielding questions, especially when the chance of the person making a purchase is low. They are a skittish bunch & if you start to be annoying chances are they won't respond.