LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any body know some good places to stay in PR?

I have checked online and found many places but want to hear some experiences from folks who have been. Where to stay, where to surf, what to do at night? Probably going late spring.

What part of the island do you want to go to and what price range.

I'm in San Juan, so don't have a lot of info about Rincon lodging.

I've stayed at Villa Montaņa (in front of Shacks, and really close to Jobos). Really nice, super spacious villas and definitely the place to go with a wife and family, but expensive.

Everything in San Juan is pricey, but the nightlife is good and the food is great. If you want a small, non chain hotel in SJ, try the wind chimes inn, numero uno guest house or tres Palmas guest house. As a disclaimer, I haven't stayed at any of these but I have been inside all three and they seem ok.

I haven't stayed in Rincon overnight so don't want to give an opinion on a place I haven't physically stayed at.

If you are in SJ for a night or two, I can give you some very reliable food recommendations.
    Last edited by sailquik; Jan 26, 2014 at 12:48 AM.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    This is a great example of surf related material. A question that has been asked again and again and again. This is riveting stuff. I really mean it. Good job, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by sailquik View Post
    What part of the island do you want to go to and what price range.

I'm in San Juan, so don't have a lot of info about Rincon lodging.

I've stayed at Villa Montaņa (in front of Shacks, and really close to Jobos). Really nice, super spacious villas and definitely the place to go with a wife and family, but expensive.

Everything in San Juan is pricey, but the nightlife is good and the food is great. If you want a small, non chain hotel in SJ, try the wind chimes inn, numero uno guest house or tres Palmas guest house. As a disclaimer, I haven't stayed at any of these but I have been inside all three and they seem ok.

I haven't stayed in Rincon overnight so don't want to give an opinion on a place I haven't physically stayed at.

If you are in SJ for a night or two, I can give you some very reliable food recommendations.
    Not sure of what area yet. Where would be some good waves but not too sketchy bottoms and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Lipsmacker View Post
    This is a great example of surf related material. A question that has been asked again and again and again. This is riveting stuff. I really mean it. Good job, dude.
    Well I had a question and diggin up old threads is a pain. I would imagine that all surf related questions have probably been asked a dozen times. Only new stuff we will see are youtube vids and news rehashed from Surfline.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    I know man. Just a peek into the future. By the way go to the Puntas Bakery, just up the hill from the Tamboo in Rincon. They have some awesome breakfast sandwiches for like 5$

I know man. Just a peek into the future. By the way go to the Puntas Bakery, just up the hill from the Tamboo in Rincon. They have some awesome breakfast sandwiches for like 5$
    We're going to puntas your ass off this surf forum if we don't pick it up a notch with the trolling. Really been a dismal past few days since that botched invasion of msw, this is completely ****ed

I know man, I feel ya. Also thanks fo rthe bakery tip, I love some breakfast sandwiches.

playa jobos is the rockin' nemony and the boog woog flu….don't check it from the side. aj u on this site?
    tell 'em about your shack...

Images
    The el Belmar, nj

Images
    skip the muffins at puntas bakery. they're not made there anymore. fresh from Sam's Club and taste like it.
    there's a thousand places to stay in Rincon. Be sure to say hello to the one or two friends out in the water.
    Oh, I meant two hundred.