LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    wow I can only imagine how many others have received warning for nothing.saying how the threads aren't funny anymore,and its becoming depressing,is grounds for removal?well we had a good run people,il miss u my friends when im gone,no more hysterical laughs like a month ago.seems my days are numbered

Always remember:
    conformity[1].jpg

Those on this site who surf: All swells have their lulls and peaks, rogue waves and backwash. The universe is all waves. Up and down. This too shall pass.

It's not a big deal, but it is a big deal. I have lots of stuff to do, and maybe more stuff will get done. We had lots and lots and lots of fun. I laughed, I cussed, I cried. FREE PJB!!! DONT LEAVE SELDOM SEEN!!! To those who wish to censor our freedoms: FIND A SENSE OF HUMOR OR GO BUY ONE SOMEWHERE!!!
    Last edited by sisurfdogg; Jan 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: 1st Ammendment

Images
    Ya know guys, just reading what was going on the last week or so, I thought 99% of what was wrote was just people blowing off a little steam, I mean there was very little serious stuff being said and after a few days everything just kind of mellowed on the topic. I have a feeling that PJB will be back, and will the rest of the crew also, at least I hope so. Some of the things said on SI was pure gold...real entertainment, and hope it stays that way...free PJB!!!! Seldom hang for a while and see what happens, man.

"When one reads any strongly individual piece of writing, one has the impression of seeing a face somewhere behind the page. It is not necessarily the actual face of the writer. ... It is the face of a man who is always fighting against something, but who fights in the open and is not frightened, the face of a man who is generously angry — in other words, of a nineteenth-century liberal, a free intelligence, a type hated with equal hatred by all the smelly little orthodoxies which are now contending for our souls."
    -George Orwell

Not from 'Animal Farm'...but agree with you, Orwell is stunning....'Animal Farm' is one of his best ever, and one of the finest in literature.

Careful with Orwell, Slash.
    Read too much of him, and it's like riding around in your car for three days listening to The Doors at volume: you get to where you're ready (and willing) to ice just about anyone on sight.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Not from 'Animal Farm'...but agree with you, Orwell is stunning....'Animal Farm' is one of his best ever, and one of the finest in literature.

Careful with Orwell, Slash.
    Read too much of him, and it's like riding around in your car for three days listening to The Doors at volume: you get to where you're ready (and willing) to ice just about anyone on sight.
    Good analogy. Yes indeed, his insight is perhaps best in measured doses. Though some people are deserving of an icing. I just want to know who's behind the wheel of the Zamboni.

When you try to speak earnestly with people, the conversation frequently falters with alarming speed. Everyone is so busy maintaining the veneer of their existence that they would rather add another level of polish than peer beneath it. Keep polishing that ice, Zamboni drivers! Gloss coat, please!

This is disappointing to me. I have been lurking this site for almost a year now and felt I needed to become a member to express my sorrow. I started using this page for the forecast and eventually found my way to the forum. I enjoyed and appreciated the information that was shared but the main reason I fell in love with this forum was all the debauchery that took place. I can count numerous occasions where I laughed like a Hyena high on the finest of drugs. There is just too many softies now a days my fellow rippers. Please do not take this post the wrong way Swell info admin. I respect and value what you do for us here. Just my two pennies worth...

Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post

It just instigates hatred arguments every time.

Thanks,
    Classic doubletalk... instead of censuring those who indulge in hate, blame those who are the subject of the hate and call them 'instigators'.

It's a fundamental and shameful reversal of fair play.

Unfortunately most people who go for 'official' positions which give them power over others do so because they have psychopathic tendencies... well adjusted people don't want such jobs... that's why governments are so universally dishonest. You are following this trend even though you no doubt feel that you are doing a good job.

... and just look at the number of people grovelling to you and praising your actions, pretty sad.

It's ridiculous for grown men to change their personalities online in response to ludicrous demands from jumped up officials on some private website, but still they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Classic doubletalk... instead of censuring those who indulge in hate, blame those who are the subject of the hate and call them 'instigators'.

It's a fundamental and shameful reversal of fair play.

Unfortunately most people who go for 'official' positions which give them power over others do so because they have psychopathic tendencies... well adjusted people don't want such jobs... that's why governments are so universally dishonest. You are following this trend even though you no doubt feel that you are doing a good job.

... and just look at the number of people grovelling to you and praising your actions, pretty sad.

It's ridiculous for grown men to change their personalities online in response to ludicrous demands from jumped up officials on some private website, but still they do it.

I am all for the free-for-all forum format, but they have decided to start moderating here. If there is going to be moderating, self promotion threads are the first that should go. If you want to pimp yourself and your products, buy some ad space. Otherwise, you are just using the forum for free advertising (something you have done all over other forums), which is sort of wrong. You were the one preaching about free market blah blah blah months ago. This is, as you said, a private website. It costs money to maintain, and brings in money for the owner. I am sure you could spare some of your last $1million board sale to actually contribute to the site, in exchange for ad space.