LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Best first post, period. It's nice to hear coming from an objective standpoint. sisurfdog, Fl surfdog, don't worry dudes, I'm not going anywhere. Just gonna get caught up at work and lurk till this blows over. Slahdog and yankee, those last couple posts represent the brilliance that takes place here. I've said this before, this forum and the only other one I've been involved with have convinced me that some of the greatest minds of our generation are behind the keys on these types of virtual spaces...just when I think I'm pretty well read, quotes get dropped that I've never seen before.

Brew, as a fellow man of science(a slightly different kind but still), always enjoy what you have to say as well, even though you guys give Uncle chich a hard time.

Chavez, props, you represent the spirit this country was founded on. It's an honor to have a true outlaw among us. And good job yesterday trying to breathe life back into this forum.

Lee, I'm with you on agreeing with what Roy said(for once), despite his shameless self promotion.

Maybe it's b/c I don't socialize much(I'm kind of a weirdo), but I feel like I know some of you guys better than the humans I deal with in real life, and value our disussions more than those I have with friends who just are not on the same wavelength as I am. So, thank you.

And Bear, you're the man. You represent the collective subconscience of what brings us all to these physical manifestations of Earth energy that we ride. That we have no choice but to ride. Is there any other way?

One more thing, props to Doug and you guys who care about wolves and other predators.
    This is just a tremendous post. Surfing drives us all, and The Seen drives the bus righteously. Great stuff, Seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    Glad to see you stay Seen. I'm in agreement with you on all points here brother. All this talk about how it used to be an intelligent, moderate forum until only recently and has been ruined by rowdy newcomers is complete Bullsh!t. Now I have nothing but respect for the guys that came before be particularly NJSurfer, LBCrew, Erock, Mitchell, Pump, Lee, Yank, Aquahalolic, etc. These are guys that can give useful information. BUT there was plenty of vitriol on here back then to. I was a first page poster on the original NOYA thread, which is the only thread I've ever got into one of these silly online fights. Some bean bag from Florida name Kyle. Guys like Rip Turbo, Aqua, I Hate LBs, have all given it out to people as far back as 2008. The Lee/Yankee feud was so long ago it has since passed into legend. But crap NEVER got deleted! I know it's your site, your rules, but deleting thread because Seldom called for the return of SJB/PJB, is a gross over step.
    Good point about General Lee & me: we ain't exactly buds but we worked it out. Found our equilibrium, so to speak. And, who knows? Maybe we'll ride the wild VB ankle biters together one day.

Point is, we sustained, and we rolled, and we had a start, then a tumultuous back & forth and, then, found our respective spaces & places. But that isn't happening in today's Forum: got mods doing all of that for everyone on here. Is that what a surfing forum is going to be?

And, just for the record, I know that my comments are not trolling, simod4, because just look at the title of this thread.
    Last edited by yankee; Jan 28, 2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Never thought I'd say this, but, I'm with the gnome.

FREEDOM!!!!!

THIS WEBSITE IS 'MURICAN HOW DARE YOU TREAD ON US SWELLINFOMAN!!!!!!!!! SURE AS THE LUG NUTS ON MY CHEVY I'LL NOT BE MODERATED!!!!!!!!!
    +1 Buahahaha!!!! Love it.... "i'm with the gnome"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    This is just a tremendous post. Surfing drives us all, and The Seen drives the bus righteously. Great stuff, Seen.
    Much thanks amigo, I appreciate that. Diggin' the bus reference too!

Someone please PM me when the forum gets cool again. There are some great posts here I'm skimming through for sure. But I'll consider this forum back on point when I don't see 3-5 or more thread titles at the top that are addressing state of the forum, or censoring this guy's undiagnosed chemical imbalance or that guy's gluttony for punishment from gratuitous political/religious/kookboard posts. Safe to expect it'll just be a few days before all this blows over and we are all shotting coffee and other assorted breakfast items out our nose and onto our monitors again?

Btw...if this begins the next chapter of SI forum, doesn't that technically make us the new good ole boys that can talk about the good ole days of the board? Seems like we can go locals only on all those salty brahs from the late 2-thou!!
    Last edited by EmassSpicoli; Jan 29, 2014 at 01:55 AM.

Images
    A lot of good things have already been said here, so hopefully I won't repeat them.

We have the common interest of riding waves. If respect, humility, mixed with humor and some good-natured ribbing rule the discourse, things will work out fine, perhaps with the occasional nasal java ejections that seem to be popular around here. They must be the closest thing we get on land to the natural neti-pots that occur when one is worked in the surf.

Images
    Idk... I don't really read the post anymore... I just reply about my favorite surf spot and how it's better then everyone else's...

That's right, Belmar NJ is better than your spot!

#Belmarlife

I thought the NOYA thread was awesome. It was still surf related even though it was a good battle.

Images
    I grew up with several bothers, and thus there was a good deal of healthy jesting. Sometimes you discern true friendship & brotherhood by the fact you can give each other a lot of crap & take it, yet the relationship remains solid.

The differences we have as individuals makes us better as a whole.
    Last edited by capecodcdog; Jan 29, 2014 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capecodcdog View Post
    I grew up with several bothers, and thus there was a good deal of healthy jesting. Sometimes you discern true friendship & brotherhood by the fact you can give each other a lot of crap & take it, yet the relationship remains solid.

The differences we have as individuals makes us better as a whole.
    This is the best post of the thread and of 2014 I would say. Capecodcdog summed it up perfectly.