LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is this the worst (new) surfboard you've ever seen in a surfshop??? Melbourne FL

While visiting some friends, I decided to pay a visit to Longboard House (http://www.longboardhouse.com/) in Melbourne Beach Florida last week, and I was astonished at the lack of quality of a few of their new, fully priced, out in the open, surfboards.

This surfboard shop has always been one of my favorites, fully stocked with really choice apparel and equipment. That's why I am so shocked by their decision to sell these crappy surfboards. Take a look at my attached photo and you'll see the incredible high price and super low build quality. Take a look at the color variation, the sanded through glass, etc.

My only thoughts are that either Cannibal Surfboards has off-shored manufacturing to China or Longboard House is trying to give a bad shaper/glasser a start in the industry. I think the Made in USA label is probably bull sh#t. But that still doesn't explain the crazy $700 price.

I Googled Cannibal Surfboards and Matt Kechele's factory came up. What's that about?

In all the years I've been in surfing I've never seen something so egregious. Be careful if you're looking to purchase a surfboard from Cannibal.

Is this the worst rip-off you've ever seen????

IMAG02582.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PuertoRicanPoet; Jan 28, 2014 at 03:57 PM.

Images
    the attachment doesnt work my friend

No, no it doesn't. Really intrigued though...

Pete Smith had a black Lopez Lightning bolt board in the late 70's.

I keep having problems uploading in the main post. Here's another try...
    Attachment 10138

PRP...attachment working for me. Can't tell if the shape is all that bad but glassing looks terrible. The lap line and over sanding at the nose would definitely cause me to walk away shaking my head. Looks like someone was trained on how to glass with that board.

isn't $500-$700 pretty standard for a new shortboard these days? i don't get the issue. the glass job looks wonky i guess?

Images
    Omg that thing is hideous! The color and glass job at the very least are way worse than the boards have shaped and glassed. And I've only shaped and glassed 6 or 7 boards and am slightly embarrassed by them, never mind putting them in a shop for sale.

Images
    Thats pretty bad, actually disgusting. Sucks that they actually think in their "money filled" minds that someone would actually buy that. I thought surf shops around here were bad but thats horrible.

Images
    You can buy a brand new firewire cheaper than that.