LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wetsuits

wetsuits

I'm moving from south florida to wilmington, nc and being from south florida, i know little to nothing about wetsuits. I have a 2 mm top i wear with board shorts just when there is a cool wind and a 3/2 full body that i wear a few times a year on my trips upcoast or when the air down here gets cool but the water still stays pretty warm year round. So just wondering what you guys would think would be a good wetsuit. also booties and all that other ****.. never wear those either..

p.s. i have a low tolerance for cold. (i'm in for it next year haha)

Images
    http://eastcoastgroms.weebly.com/ My link for my website, check it! Anyway, for NC: 5 mil. for boots at the most would be fine. Gloves, 3 mil, and for a 'winter'suit i would say the oneill mutant 5/4/3. heres the link: http://www.oneill.com/#/men/americac...t_43mm/tahiti/

Sweet website

Images
    Oh ya, thanks.

Images
    you should be fine with a 4/3 in wilmington

Quote Originally Posted by Sobx View Post
    you should be fine with a 4/3 in wilmington

x2. The weather in most of Southern NC is 4/3. there is the occasional 5/4 day but mostly 4/3.

Images
    Just get a good surfing name brand one - spend the money to stay warm. Get one that fits right too.

#greetingsfromBelmarNJ

4/3 with 5 mil booties and gloves for coldest part of winter, 3/2 for late fall through spring.

from a fellow wilmingtonian: 4/3 fullsuit, 5 mill booties. Glvoes/ hood are optional, I never used them but wouldn't hurt on a particular windy/cold day. But you said low cold tolerance so a hood isn't a bad idea.

"I should have such problems" sayeth the crew from north of vb….