LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109

Thread: Roy on Radio

  1. I dig Roy's different outlook on surfing. I'm looking forward to listening to this later on

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gnomes Suck
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwasteland View Post
    I dig Roy's different outlook on surfing. I'm looking forward to listening to this later on
    I would too if Roy did not act like his outlook was the only correct one. I ride everything imaginable, a standard longboard, a quad fish, a diamond tail 6'1" 5 fin, a typical thruster, a alaia, a boogie board, a knee board, body surf with an without a handplane and even have an surf mat so I think alternate ideas and surf craft are great, even Roy's, but I wish he shared they same opinion on others boards as well but like I have said before Roy only has room in his brain for Roy's ideas and everyone else is full of crap.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Carter the Alaia is for elite surfers only. Are you elite ? How's your surfing going lately tho? Much web surfing surely ..

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    No worries man im not getting upset or angry. Shoot its a board discussion. I love this sh!t.

    The way im saying the Roy lb's are inefficient is cause of that nose kick. In my eyes (and head) it really serves no purpose. I mean they are longboards right? The gun you posted has that nose rocker to stick steep, heavy waves. The roy's are made (from what it looks like in his vids) to cruise, no death defying air drops that require heavy rocker to keep your nose from digging into the steep part of the drop.

    Attachment 10153

    And now onto the fishes and simmons'. I love fishes. Above is a profile of mine. Now the parallel profile, i dont know is really the inefficient part. I think is the wasted nose rocker. Not a factor on the fish, or simmons.

    How much nose rocker do you think the olo has in the picture I posted ? It's not more than 6 inches image.jpg


    With any less I'd probably be pearling more, I have never pearled with this ride. The board is 10-9 so relative to length it's not abnormal. Here's a 10-6 sup foil and rocker comparison image.jpgimage.jpg

    A bottom curve is a bottom curve

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    So really the only difference is foil and thickness distribution.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Carter the Alaia is for elite surfers only. Are you elite ? How's your surfing going lately tho? Much web surfing surely ..
    If we all chip in money to send you to NZ for a fun filled week of the old "in and out" with Roy, will you stop riding his nuts on here? Honestly, man. I will pitch in $20.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    If we all chip in money to send you to NZ for a fun filled week of the old "in and out" with Roy, will you stop riding his nuts on here? Honestly, man. I will pitch in $20.
    No brew I'm a builder and I love to surf so **** off

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    How much nose rocker do you think the olo has in the picture I posted ? It's not more than 6 inches image.jpg


    With any less I'd probably be pearling more, I have never pearled with this ride. The board is 10-9 so relative to length it's not abnormal. Here's a 10-6 sup foil and rocker comparison image.jpgimage.jpg

    A bottom curve is a bottom curve
    I see grasshopper I see. I think I comprehend this whole messy misunderstanding. Your riding a big rocker stick with constant rails. I like. Looks fast as heck in Mr stuarts youtubes archive.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Science mother****er
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    No brew I'm a builder and I love to surf so **** off
    You defend him when he doesn't even need defending. Any comment that isn't positive, and you are there. We get it, you love him. Do something about it.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    737
    Images
    5
    Well other than Roy and my self we are the only people here who have experience on Parallel profile boards so I belong in this thread. I'm giving my feedback. Folks are a bit slow to catch on I notice. When it's done differently the entire world gets turned upside down for people like you. Parallel profile works and just because it's not like Kelly slayer doesn't meant it's not bad ass. Heck brew I might make you a vine tonight ur gettin me fired up