LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy on Radio

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    The board also departed from established dogma in several key respects.
    this is the part that Im into. the dogma is profile foil mostly I think. having rhode to death one of roys deigns already i know this shape is good and parallel profile works. Also the wood fish thread is of the same dogma.

Parallel profile boards have been around a very long time. And their proven abilities with them.

Can you say Simmons?

Images
    was the original simmons really PP tho? I think it tapered a bit in the nose but im basing this off what ive seen HWS guys post pictures of. it does appear parallel profile a good bit id agree

Yes it was a parallel profile.
    All of Roy's boards taper both nose and tail so what board of his are you saying is of this design? And whats with all the rocker in his shapes? Take some of that out and you'd have a way smoother glide. Less squatting to make the sections.

leetymike, rcarter, et al...Arguing with Roy is like invading Russia. Its just turns into a long, tedious, never ending grind until you forget why you even went there to begin with. And if you finally get to Moscow you say "that's it? that's WTF we came all this way for? that's the prize?" and then you turn around and start the long slow march home...no win situation.

I mean, its not like arguing with PJB or Chuckles where there's some actual entertainment value.

When you reach the Vistula, just turn around, go home and enjoy one of these. You'll be much happier in the end.

oktoberfest-beer-girl.jpg

pjb are u the new moderator??

its like how the fbi tries to turn mafia people to informants to rat out their own buddies,internet style.the moderators are among us,and they are us,well not me but im sure some of us.i hope these moderators atleast get paid for their contributions

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Yes it was a parallel profile.
    All of Roy's boards taper both nose and tail so what board of his are you saying is of this design? And whats with all the rocker in his shapes? Take some of that out and you'd have a way smoother glide. Less squatting to make the sections.
    his boards are all parallel profile, at least the ones we have been talking about.. the rocker appears drastic but thats because its parallel profile. it creates a swoop in the deck that mimics the bottom curve. the rockers are almost identical to other long board rockers its just that the thickness distribution in a foiled profile might hide the appearance of certian rocker curves. so as far as the bottom of the board goes its pretty normal id say. The speed of this long board is unreal i might add.

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    leetymike, rcarter, et al...Arguing with Roy is like invading Russia. Its just turns into a long, tedious, never ending grind until you forget why you even went there to begin with. And if you finally get to Moscow you say "that's it? that's WTF we came all this way for? that's the prize?" and then you turn around and start the long slow march home...no win situation.

I mean, its not like arguing with PJB or Chuckles where there's some actual entertainment value.

When you reach the Vistula, just turn around, go home and enjoy one of these. You'll be much happier in the end.

oktoberfest-beer-girl.jpg
    Listen to this advice. ^^^

I'm not arguing. Just talking design.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OdGtuRLsx6...e+2010+097.JPG

That image from Roy's own website shows some pretty extreme rocker. He can even see in front of him! That is not because its the same thickness from nose to tail.
    Pipe guns of the 60's and 70's which are pretty darn parallel profiled out, dont even have the appearance of rocker like these boards do, and those were made for the barrels of PIPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    I'm not arguing. Just talking design.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OdGtuRLsx6...e+2010+097.JPG

That image from Roy's own website shows some pretty extreme rocker. He can even see in front of him! That is not because its the same thickness from nose to tail.
    Pipe guns of the 60's and 70's which are pretty darn parallel profiled out, dont even have the appearance of rocker like these boards do, and those were made for the barrels of PIPE!!!
    I do a variety of rockers, the board you are looking at has 9 feet of extremely flat tail rocker, with accentuated nose rocker.

My boards are certainly parallel profile, I don't think that the simmons boards are although they do tend in that direction.

The most obvious parallel profile predecessor to my boards is the boogie board.

Pipe boards from that era were not parallel profiled out by any means, but it shows that times have changed when people rewrite history to claim it.