LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: Roy on Radio

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post

    Not to mention the original hollow redwood plank boards of the 30's
    Again these are far from parallel in profile.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post

    And in regard to the other poster saying roy's getting 300-400 yard rides, how close is his home break to Raglan? Where that could be possible on any type board.
    I surf Raglan a lot and lived on the points surfing full time for years. Yes long rides occur there on most surfboard types. I'm talking about Mount Maunganui, and on days with a bit of size 600 yards is often possible, I've had some at 800 there on one occasion.

    .

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gnomes Suck
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    inefficient tricks and other socially based style requirements.
    See anything that does not fit Roy's idea of surfing and design is bad. Blah blah blah more hot air from the NZ Gnome.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post
    See anything that does not fit Roy's idea of surfing and design is bad.
    I didn't say that it is bad, the context is efficiency.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    21N 158W give or take
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    You must be joking, they turn very well indeed, and unlike most longboards they turn in trim.

    The only way you can make your case is to look at the board turning and say, 'that's not a proper turn'... it's the usual method of denial used.
    let me see what you got, the proof is in the pudding, err a footage

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Well I don't know if it's fair to say cut and dry that the olo and it's rocker dimensions are less efficient. The rocker dimensions are normal it's just that the key difference is FOIL

    Your allowed your opinion about these long boards and the belief that there inefficient but what about parallel profile Simmons ? Or the parallel profile fish ? Are these inefficient in your opinion ? I'm not trying to sound like a douche, mike , I enjoy your conversation.
    No worries man im not getting upset or angry. Shoot its a board discussion. I love this sh!t.

    The way im saying the Roy lb's are inefficient is cause of that nose kick. In my eyes (and head) it really serves no purpose. I mean they are longboards right? The gun you posted has that nose rocker to stick steep, heavy waves. The roy's are made (from what it looks like in his vids) to cruise, no death defying air drops that require heavy rocker to keep your nose from digging into the steep part of the drop.

    photo (4).JPG

    And now onto the fishes and simmons'. I love fishes. Above is a profile of mine. Now the parallel profile, i dont know is really the inefficient part. I think is the wasted nose rocker. Not a factor on the fish, or simmons.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gnomes Suck
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I didn't say that it is bad, the context is efficiency.
    Oh please you talk down about any one who surfs other than the way you do and design your boards to do. You have made numerous posts putting down "modern" style of surfing. You say that doing tricks or maneuvers means you are just following what the surfing society tells you is cool. Just look at your videos you post, always going straight down the line, no snaps, no cutbacks, no top turns, no noseriding, not even a barrel. To make sure you get my point here is what you said exactly:

    "inefficient tricks and other socially based style requirements." Sound like you think we should all surf your way.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    York Maine
    Posts
    721
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post
    Oh please you talk down about any one who surfs other than the way you do and design your boards to do. You have made numerous posts putting down "modern" style of surfing. You say that doing tricks or maneuvers means you are just following what the surfing society tells you is cool. Just look at your videos you post, always going straight down the line, no snaps, no cutbacks, no top turns, no noseriding, not even a barrel. To make sure you get my point here is what you said exactly:

    "inefficient tricks and other socially based style requirements." Sound like you think we should all surf your way.
    Carter lets start positive now and stick to design or I'll have to issue you an infraction for trolling

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    21N 158W give or take
    Posts
    1,396
    I imagine I will want to surf like Roy when my body has given out. In the meanwhile Id love to do 'inefficient tricks'

    I am assuming an inefficient trick is a girl who cant clean the house fast enough

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gnomes Suck
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Carter lets start positive now and stick to design or I'll have to issue you an infraction for trolling
    Whatever Roy Jr. This is on topic as it is about Roy. And I will never be positive about Roy but I have not been vulgar so go back to your latex friend and make some vines like 13 year olds do.
    Last edited by retracR; Jan 29, 2014 at 08:04 PM.