LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    ^^^Word^^^ Someone asked about specifics. A little nug after a session will expand your lungs as well.
    that's why I practice what you preach, RevDogg. Can I get an Amen?

skip it, tide changes so fast you can only surf a few hours a day. went to pan 2x waves were good but extreme tides put it on the never again list.

Shoveling snow.
    I work out regularly, run, Yoga, and surf; but I'm still sore from shoveling the stuff these past two days.

4. good responses guys, very helpfull.. what you guys think about diet? im 20 years old, about 6 feet tall, weight 173 pounds. im could consider myself skinny but in shape. im not hella ripped, but i consider myself in good shape. i aint planing on doing a exteme diet, such as weighting your foods, etc but Im eating healthy. been trying to eat protein at most, with some carbs. mostly protein since im not looking to weight a lot of mass, but get stronger.

any ideas?

Stay away from all seafood.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Stay away from all seafood.
    It attracts sharks

plus it's contaminated with Fukashima schitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gfootr View Post
    Those Russian dead lifts or whatever when you go from flat on your back to standing while holding a dumb bell over your head works everything.
    Turkish get-ups is what they are called. Not to be confused with going to a costume party dressed as Begum Kutuk: www.begumkutuk.net

Quote Originally Posted by Juancbernardez View Post
    good responses guys, very helpfull.. what you guys think about diet? im 20 years old, about 6 feet tall, weight 173 pounds. im could consider myself skinny but in shape. im not hella ripped, but i consider myself in good shape. i aint planing on doing a exteme diet, such as weighting your foods, etc but Im eating healthy. been trying to eat protein at most, with some carbs. mostly protein since im not looking to weight a lot of mass, but get stronger.

any ideas?
    6 feet and 173? Pig! What, did your mom give you twinkies at every meal?

Dude, training is specific. If you care bout body composition, then train for body composition, which means long term mild calorie restriction, progressive weight training to maintain mass (classic 8-12 failure works fine) with periodic carb refeeds. But jeez, at your age and weight/height you have nothing to worry about. Train for surfing. Swimming, stretching, and intervals with bodyweight exercises. Hell, every time I paddle out I see these older guys with real corporations up front, swaddled in neoprene, paddling circles around everyone and making it look easy.

For the record, 56 years old, 6 feet, 160 lbs, 8% body fat, late life surfer and fitter than you.

Let the biggest jackrichard contest begin...

Ag, how do we know you're not a silver fox choking down ipecac syrup after meals and in between bench reps?