LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfin_nj View Post
    University of Delaware has a two year program on a campus in leers for marine biology and there's coastal Carolina in sc, there's a good school on Virginia beach I forget what it's called but it's good for marine biology too. There's also university of Miami which Idt has very consistent swell. I'm also looking into east coast colleges so I can surf I like uncw
    I'm a UD alum. I believe the marine biology program is a graduate program only. You stay on site in Lewes, I think right on the beach. But I wouldn't recommend moving to DE for the surf right now though. I just moved away from that area and in the last few years watched all but one local surf spot get dredged into extinction.

Also, my cousin went to Flagler and he had a few friends that were very good surfers there. So it might be the ticket. It's a nice part of Florida.
    Last edited by mattybrews; Jan 30, 2014 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsurfer View Post
    i also applied to colleges for the fall, and ive been accepted to URI and Florida Tech for ocean engineering. i am wondering what campus life was like and how much did you get to surf (for either school)? Thanks
    Went there in the late 80's and campus life was between nil and zero. Surfed wayyy too much. Only spent 1 yr. there but went back for surf trips often. Plenty to do away from campus though. Sebastian Inlet is about 20 min south. Generally there are good breaks all around the area.

Watch for cold fronts moving off the coast in the mid-atlantic and northeast regions then watch the buoys for the big north ground swells to arrive. RC's was a my goto spot on these days. If it's small in melbourne but the horizon looks like the edge of a ginsu knife, you'll probably want to head south until you get to where ever the swell and the beach meet.

Oh yeah, due to varying college spring break schedules, you'll get to enjoy about 6 weeks of spring breakers partying up the place and daytona is about 45min north. Don't go for the sunburnt and bronze ones. Catch 'em while they're still pasty and white. You don't want sloppy seconds/thirds/fourths/fifths/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    Don't go for the sunburnt and bronze ones. Catch 'em while they're still pasty and white. You don't want sloppy seconds/thirds/fourths/fifths/etc.
    very funny

thanks for all the replies gents. i applied to a few schools, Flagler being my main choice. Will know March 30th wether or not I am in. I am flying down for a week in late March, also checking out University of Tampa and FSU. Applied to UNC Wilmington and CoCharleston as well. Wish me luck

I'm also starting to look at colleges, can anyone who has attended or researched elaborate on College of Charleston? From surf, to tolerance, etc.