LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Where did Roy's thread go?

Did the mods delete this already? We finally get some good talk going on this forum then it's taken away.

I see a thread about watermen, that's cool. Why can't we listen to Roy's surfing stories? He's surely a waterman.. What gives swell info?

Admin deleted it as spam. Yesterday Wayne and RIsurfer were told this forum is not for promoting your agenda, business, website or weebly. One of the better developments of the new SI order I must say. No more shameless self promotion on SI for Wayne or Roy.

Ending self promotion is the best new policy here.

Unless you have a banner.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieMonster View Post
    Unless you have a banner.
    Surf banners are ok.

Images
    Ok but on a serious note Wayne's posts are nothing like Roy's. Comparing the two is really terrible I might add.
    An overly zealous priest proclaiming god versus a shaper who openly shares his story.. Come on dude listening to a good story about surfing and something different in surfing is damn cool and very interesting. Roy doesn't promote on here I wouldn't say, except his blef fin announcement which isn't really like spam either because he's providing a genuine backdrop story and that's about 3d printing.

Any talk about 3d printing is very cool and what better way to learn about it than have a guy who is doing it post his experience and share his designs.

I assume that the admin deleted Roy's radio interview because it stirs up the trolls too much and creates chaos on here.. What better way to weed out trolls than to bait them with genuine conversation like the one the admins just deleted.

Surfboards aren't like religion. It's ok to have opinions about surfing it shouldn't start war like religions ideas do.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Ok but on a serious note Wayne's posts are nothing like Roy's. Comparing the two is really terrible I might add.
    An overly zealous priest proclaiming god versus a shaper who openly shares his story.. Come on dude listening to a good story about surfing and something different in surfing is damn cool and very interesting. Roy doesn't promote on here I wouldn't say, except his blef fin announcement which isn't really like spam either because he's providing a genuine backdrop story and that's about 3d printing.

Any talk about 3d printing is very cool and what better way to learn about it than have a guy who is doing it post his experience and share his designs.

I assume that the admin deleted Roy's radio interview because it stirs up the trolls too much and creates chaos on here.. What better way to weed out trolls than to bait them with genuine conversation like the one the admins just deleted.

Surfboards aren't like religion. It's ok to have opinions about surfing it shouldn't start war like religions ideas do.
    No, go back and read the threads from this weekend. Wayne did not post any link and was told what he does amounts to spamming and so he posted a goodbye thread. RISurfer posted a link to his weebly and it was promptly deleted. THe admins have to enforce the rules and like it or not Roy is running a business and therefore cannot use SI to promote it even if it is a radio interview with him. Sorry your buddy can't spam us anymore but if you want the policing of hate filled posts you got to accept the other rules too.

Images
    I surrender unto thee

I read everything r carter I am fully up to pace with the mockery that goes around here. Wayne needed to go.

Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post
    No, go back and read the threads from this weekend. Wayne did not post any link and was told what he does amounts to spamming and so he posted a goodbye thread. RISurfer posted a link to his weebly and it was promptly deleted. THe admins have to enforce the rules and like it or not Roy is running a business and therefore cannot use SI to promote it even if it is a radio interview with him. Sorry your buddy can't spam us anymore but if you want the policing of hate filled posts you got to accept the other rules too.
    And Bingo was his name. RC & the mods are correct: promoting a biz gets you the heave-ho from the Forum.

Observation: I think it's revealing that you, chucka-boo-boo, have taken heavily to the airwaves ever since all the guys who posted their thumbs-down of your violent vines, as well as their criticism of your genuflecting in front of the gnome's self-promoting ads, have been exiled to their own version of Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    I surrender unto thee

I read everything r carter I am fully up to pace with the mockery that goes around here. Wayne needed to go.
    So you want the insults to stop but self promotion is okay? And what mockery do you think is going on? It really bothers you that the change you have been seeking caught your buddy Roy in it's web too huh?