LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Only 143 days left till summer

There is only 143 days left until summer and to some people this may not matter at all but for me its huge because I get out of school. As for you adults here on SW, is summer still special or is it just another season?

Any one? No comments

Just another season but still nice to wear boardshorts.

Images
    Its the season of small waves and crowds. March, April and May I'm looking forward to, maybe June when the last of the spring swells overlap with warm water. July and August are all about looking forward to September. Strange...live near the beach, dislike summer.

It's the best because of the hot weather and i don't have to have a wetsuit, I do like no school too

I wear a full suit in the summer anyway so the summer brings nothing special for me. Crowds, small waves, kooks, and everyone bragging about how tan they are. The only plus is the longer days and earlier sunrise so I have more time to surf before work. In the winter I get like 2 hours in, in the summer I can get 3-4 hour sessions in before work.

Quote Originally Posted by livesurfish View Post
    There is only 143 days left until summer and to some people this may not matter at all but for me its huge because I get out of school. As for you adults here on SW, is summer still special or is it just another season?
    Normally, I'd say it's a great time of year because I get to hang out with your gf while you're at work.
    (ok, ok, that's a JOKE!)

Summer's great to think about when it's 10 degrees out, as it is now. But, for surfing, eh, crowds & what Mitchell said.

I love and get sick of both Summer and Winter... I hate the friggen cold, but I like the waves. I like warm days and ripping tuna on the boat, but I freak after 30 days with out a ripple.
    But if I had to choose one I'd take Summer.
    Spring and fall are the shiz... Great fishing, nice weather, long days and good surf.

How cold is the water in April? I have a 3/2 full wetsuit and booties and want to start up surfing again in April without having to get a new wetsuit.

Thoughts?

best guess is 'round here (so jersey) the 4/3 comes off end april, may 1 maybe start 3/2 and lose gloves.