LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Roy's threads and posts are always surf related and it's a very different perspective. We need this around here. The surf indistry needs this too. I vomit when I see a kid who just buys a short board but is a kook and can't even read a beach break. It's god damn disappointing really. The surf industry has kids by the balls with the Kelly slater "shreddah" cheese grater image. It's disgusting and tasteless. Not to mention the affordable private label boards that are well priced come from a cnc machine in Taiwan then it's dinged up by a kook for a few summers maybe more but then it goes into land fill where it resists composting.

More Roy, Tom wegner, grain surfboards, and types like that need to prevail. Wood is good. Set Roy free.
    Oh please. Roy is not special. There are thousands of excellent shapers in the world building wooden sticks. You don't see them spamming the site. His purpose here was purely to get his name and product some attention. Why else would a person come back over and over again to a forum he knows doesn't want him?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Taylor View Post
    Roy's threads and posts are always surf related and it's a very different perspective. We need this around here. The surf indistry needs this too. I vomit when I see a kid who just buys a short board but is a kook and can't even read a beach break. It's god damn disappointing really. The surf industry has kids by the balls with the Kelly slater "shreddah" cheese grater image. It's disgusting and tasteless. Not to mention the affordable private label boards that are well priced come from a cnc machine in Taiwan then it's dinged up by a kook for a few summers maybe more but then it goes into land fill where it resists composting.

More Roy, Tom wegner, grain surfboards, and types like that need to prevail. Wood is good. Set Roy free.
    Dude it has nothing to do with SI not liking the craft or bowing down to the Slater HPSB industry direction. Your tread on your wooden fish did not get deleted becasue you are not selling boards and are not a business. Bottom line is Roy used this and many other forums for FREE advertising and that is agianst the rules. Roy advertised his new fins on here, has posted links to his site that sells boards and that is not right. I bet you would be pissed if Al Merrick came on here posting links to his boards considering how much you hate those craft. You and Roy have a ridiculous double standard on the new rules and I think it is the beiggest piece of hypocritical dog poo I have seen in a while. The days of Roy using SI as his own ad site are done get over it and move on.

Oh and Roy is not banned so not sure why you say set him free?
    Last edited by retracR; Jan 28, 2014 at 05:59 PM.

It's good to see the stuff Roy does. He is indeed an innovator. I guess it pisses people off that he's secure enough in his masculinity to wear a dayglow wet suit with a retard head protector(no offence to 'gloids on here. It's not like the guy could actually sell his boards to members. doesn't he live in a continent where everything can kill you? I'm sure one could buy 2 boards for the price of freight on one of his.

Although I don't entirely agree with the way Roy deals with people on forums...his work is pretty incredible and for his particular niche he has some great wood working skill. Additionally, his fin concept does has validity...as well how many people you hear about doing 3d fins...

As I said...not his biggest fan nor would I purchase one of his boards, but you have to give his craftsmanship credit.

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    Although I don't entirely agree with the way Roy deals with people on forums...his work is pretty incredible and for his particular niche he has some great wood working skill. Additionally, his fin concept does has validity...as well how many people you hear about doing 3d fins...

As I said...not his biggest fan nor would I purchase one of his boards, but you have to give his craftsmanship credit.
    Really you would purchase one of his boards for the $500,000 price he asks?

Nt., above.

Nt., above.
    Opps sorry man I don't read to good

Oh and since his thread is back I went and deleted my post in the State of the forum therad praising the mods for "fairly" enforcing the rules. How wishy washy can you get, "this is not too spammy"! guess it's a case of:
    spam_001[1].jpg
    Last edited by retracR; Jan 28, 2014 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post

Why else would a person come back over and over again to a forum he knows doesn't want him?
    A 'leading question' based on a false proposition.

The forum is not one mind it is a collection of many minds. Some do some don't.

The main reason why most shapers don't post on forums is because they can't handle the trolling.

I can take it, no problem at all.