LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    A 'leading question' based on a false proposition.

The forum is not one mind it is a collection of many minds. Some do some don't.

It was not a leading question it was a rhetorical one. Ad yes the forum is many minds and the majority of the ones who post on here disagree with you. Even live4truth stated "As I said...not his biggest fan nor would I purchase one of his boards, but you have to give his craftsmanship credit." This pretty well sums up the opinion I have seen of every forum you are on. You act like everyone is against your boards because they are not mainstream or HPSB but it's not your boards Roy it's you that no one likes. Look at Charles board build thread nobody went off on Charles about his board because he is not an egotistical maniac charging ridiculous prices.

Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post
    It was not a leading question it was a rhetorical one.

Actually the question takes the form of a 'leading question' since it cannot be answered without tacitly agreeing to the proposition that 'he knows the forum doesn't want him'.

'Ad yes the forum is many minds and the majority of the ones who post on here disagree with you.

Evidence is required in order to prove this, and further definition of what 'disagreement' means.

it's you that no one likes.
    Clearly that statement is false.

Look at Charles board build thread nobody went off on Charles about his board because he is not an egotistical maniac charging ridiculous prices.
    I don't give a rat's whether people 'go off on me' or not.

If you are saying that I am an 'egotistical maniac' then your post breaches the forum rules... I honestly don't care about that but since there's been so much jabber about the rules lately I just thought that I'd point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Actually the question takes the form of a 'leading question' since it cannot be answered without tacitly agreeing to the proposition that 'he knows the forum doesn't want him'.

Evidence is required in order to prove this, and further definition of what 'disagreement' means.

Clearly that statement is false.

I don't give a rat's whether people 'go off on me' or not.

If you are saying that I am an 'egotistical maniac' then your post breaches the forum rules... I honestly don't care about that but since there's been so much jabber about the rules lately I just thought that I'd point it out.

See this is why you think you are smart. You break apart each line and word and try to analyze them on their own instead of in the overall context. The statement that no one likes you was in regardes to those who talk crap to you, letting you know it's not your boards but your attitude. Look at the back and forth you are having in the other thread with Lefty Mike,it's all about your ego man.

And calling you and egostistical maniac I think is okay. The mods/admin were trying to stop vulgar insults like I used to drop on you, but if that hurt your feelings little man then by all means go tattle.

Yeah it seems to me that Roy might be a great moderator really, seems to stick to informative and useful chat regarding surfboard design, construction, 3d printing and heck some cool stories about off the grid surfing in New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by White Sea Ape View Post
    Yeah it seems to me that Roy might be a great moderator really, seems to stick to informative and useful chat regarding surfboard design, construction, 3d printing and heck some cool stories about off the grid surfing in New Zealand
    Roy has been informative and thought provoking lately, in terms of surfboard and fin design and construction. If you go back to his earlier posts, his political views have made me and many other folks on this forum go nuts. He has refrained from bashing the U.S. of A. since he was called out, and I welcome him to continue his posts on surf related material. I still think he is a jerk, but so what? So am I.

Not if you disagree with him. He also likes to think anyone who shapes "modern" boards is bowing down to the to conformism and is wrong. He only has room in his brain for Roy's ideas and thinks he "revolutionized" surfboard design. While he may stick to surf related material he is the most closed minded person I have ever read post on here, not once has anyone ever changed Roy's mind about surfboard design.

I mean this in all honesty Roy would be a worse moderator than Wayne. Go check any other forum he is on and see how his threads degrade into poo throwing every single time. Or even better go back and read his thread about his board from last year or any other where he puts down America and "our" ways and then tell me you want him to be a mod!

[QUOTE=retracR;217389]his threads degrade into poo throwing every single time./QUOTE]

excuse me gentlemen, excuse him gentlemen. r carter i see how you are aggressive around here.. very aggressive. I agree with you on the magic seaweed joking around and I totally agree with you about wayne, but roy posts genuine cool stuff i think. It turns into poo poo tossing when it gets trolled with no checks and balances.. look see the checks and balances get rid of wayne .. thanks god.. irony.. but lets embrace some good surf chat. I wanna hear about any surf shaping. roy also puts up videos, yes its different but its good surf chat.

I've been a moderator in the past, it tended to shut me up quite a bit... I didn't find it appropriate to post a lot while being a jackboot.

I don't want to be one though, so I agree that it should not be done.

[QUhis threads degrade into poo throwing every single time./QUOTE]

excuse me gentlemen, excuse him gentlemen. r carter i see how you are aggressive around here.. very aggressive. I agree with you on the magic seaweed joking around and I totally agree with you about wayne, but roy posts genuine cool stuff i think. It turns into poo poo tossing when it gets trolled with no checks and balances.. look see the checks and balances get rid of wayne .. thanks god.. irony.. but lets embrace some good surf chat. I wanna hear about any surf shaping. roy also puts up videos, yes its different but its good surf chat.
    You are definitely new here.

Like Brew said you have not been here long enough to know the history of the 80+ page thread from last January. Many of us took issue with the price of the boards and Roy went ballistic claiming we were slaves to the industry. He also like I said has made many anti US statements and seems to think all Americans love war (which I do) and know nothing about any topic. I have stated numerous times that I love alternate surf craft, think wood boards are really cool but that charging $500,000+ is so insane that Roy must have an head injury (probably the reason for the helmet) to think his boards are worth that. If Roy was not so arrogant in his beliefs (don't believe me try disagreeing even politely with his point) and likes to dissect your statements and seize on a generality to make his point. He also loves to use cryptic phrases that he thinks make him sound smart but really just come of douchie. Roy has proven on here and numerous other sites that he causes chaos whenever he posts. Just for fun ask him about Randy Rarrick's review of his board and see what he says.