LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Winter weather event for the Carolinas

i'm giddy, like a child - i love this stuff. you guys up north are used to it, but here in coastal nc, this a rare event, if it meets expectations. a snow day (or two!) would be fricking awesome:
    Local Weather Alert Winter Storm Warning for Coastal New Hanover, NC From 5:00 AM EST, Tue., Jan 28, 2014 until 6:00 PM EST, Wed., Jan 29, 2014 Other affected areas: Bladen, NC; Columbus, NC; Inland Pender, NC; Coastal Pender, NC; Inland New Hanover, NC; Coastal New Hanover, NC; Inland Brunswick, NC; Coastal Brunswick, NC; Florence, SC; Marion, SC; Williamsburg, SC; Inland Horry, SC; Coastal Horry, SC; Inland Georgetown, SC; Coastal Georgetown, SC<br />Issued by The National Weather Service Wilmington, NC January 7, 2014, 10:33 PM EST. WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TUESDAY TO 6 PM EST WEDNESDAY...THIS APPEARS TO BE AN HISTORIC EVENT UNFOLDING.
    http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...=KILM&etn=0001

stoked for this. Possibly some waves too? Not the best, but I've never surfed in the snow before

Images
    You got it banman!!! Snow session tomorrow here in Carolina!!!

Images
    snow=work closing=wasted vacation day=1 less day somewhere I'd rather be. That, and the high tomorrow is gonna be 24. Bummed out..
    Last edited by Masterjasson; Jan 28, 2014 at 04:18 AM. Reason: I hate the cold

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterjasson View Post
    snow=work closing=wasted vacation day=1 less day somewhere I'd rather be. That, and the high tomorrow is gonna be 24. Bummed out..
    they make you burn a vacation day for a snow day? wow, that's cold.

PSA: Town of Carolina Beach has officially closed down the bridge until the snow stops. Take shelter immediately.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    PSA: Town of Carolina Beach has officially closed down the bridge until the snow stops. Take shelter immediately.
    that's always my trump card with my boss: "but they might close the bridge and then i won't be able to get home!"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    they make you burn a vacation day for a snow day? wow, that's cold.
    Haha. My toes are cold.

My college is shut down tomorrow! Now to decide if I want to freeze my @ss of trying to surf tomorrow. I'm starving from this flat spell

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    My college is shut down tomorrow! Now to decide if I want to freeze my @ss of trying to surf tomorrow. I'm starving from this flat spell
    Wow guys. A high of 24? Really? We've been living with the POLAR VORTEX for like a month now. I don't think I've surfed one day this winter when it's been over 20 degrees out. The sad part is when we get 12" of snow we still have to go to work, etc. I'm going to say this in the kindest way possible. Please grow a pair