LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    My college is shut down tomorrow! Now to decide if I want to freeze my @ss of trying to surf tomorrow. I'm starving from this flat spell
    Wow guys. A high of 24? Really? We've been living with the POLAR VORTEX for like a month now. I don't think I've surfed one day this winter when it's been over 20 degrees out. The sad part is when we get 12" of snow we still have to go to work, etc. I'm going to say this in the kindest way possible. Please grow a pair

Images
    The lack of snow removal equipment down yonder should make it especially fun if you plan on driving anywhere. Be careful, remember most of you folks don't have much snow driving experience.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    they make you burn a vacation day for a snow day? wow, that's cold.
    Haha. My toes are cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    Wow guys. A high of 24? Really? We've been living with the POLAR VORTEX for like a month now. I don't think I've surfed one day this winter when it's been over 20 degrees out. The sad part is when we get 12" of snow we still have to go to work, etc. I'm going to say this in the kindest way possible. Please grow a pair
    Things are shut down for the ice storm we are supposed to get, not because of the cold. Remember, we get snow only a couple times a decade. No one here, including the state road, is prepared to handle snow or ice. I probably won't be paddling out, but it has little to do with the cold. It looks like it will be blown out, and that isn't worth risking getting killed by some idiot driving around on summer tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    The lack of snow removal equipment down yonder should make it especially fun if you plan on driving anywhere. Be careful, remember most of you folks don't have much snow driving experience.
    That's what I keep telling northerners making fun of all the closings. Sure, I have an AWD vehicle with winter tires. However, 90%+ of the people here have cars that are not equipped to drive in a dusting of snow. Add that to the fact that there are probably drivers down here that have never had to drive in any snow, and you have a recipe for disaster. If we get ice, they usually close the bridges, thankfully.

I've got to make the trek from up here in burgaw and with the jeep temporarily out of commission it might not be worth it

They are releasing school here @ 11:00. I'm 3 hours inland. Ocean looks a little angry on the cameras. Lots of lefts which means cold north east winds at CB. Still wish I was there for snow on the beach...

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    That's what I keep telling northerners making fun of all the closings. Sure, I have an AWD vehicle with winter tires. However, 90%+ of the people here have cars that are not equipped to drive in a dusting of snow. Add that to the fact that there are probably drivers down here that have never had to drive in any snow, and you have a recipe for disaster. If we get ice, they usually close the bridges, thankfully.
    I hear ya brother. Just busting chops. My guess is you might not even possess the proper rubber suit to be out in below-freezing conditions. Not sure a 4/3 would be warm enough despite the warmer water down there.

We've had a crazy winter so far. Loads of snow (I think 4 storms over 12"), and super cold temps. It's been so hard to find a good day with decent waves that aren't completely blown out. Seems like such a waste of swell. Then again, the way I surf you might call me a waste of swell.

I love surfing with snow on the beach! icy clean waves, sureal and amazing. Thanks for modern wetsuit technology we can handle the cold part. Hope all you OBXers get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Atom View Post
    I hear ya brother. Just busting chops. My guess is you might not even possess the proper rubber suit to be out in below-freezing conditions. Not sure a 4/3 would be warm enough despite the warmer water down there.

We've had a crazy winter so far. Loads of snow (I think 4 storms over 12"), and super cold temps. It's been so hard to find a good day with decent waves that aren't completely blown out. Seems like such a waste of swell. Then again, the way I surf you might call me a waste of swell.
    Yep, most of us down here only have a 4/3 and booties at best.