LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: nomad

Images

nomad

some dude asked last week how long our commute is to beach.
    Mine is 3 hours.
    So I am a NOMAD1
    My wife and i must stay put so we can make over 300k/ year... would you give that up?
    In my memeory bank I have about 30 to 40 locations I rotate. I have no choice so I just roll with it. I am a nomadic local (oxymoron - nice!) from Florida to OBX to Cali to Costa to hawaii. I am always going somehwere.

I have never met a local I couldn't ***** slap off his high horse. I m 6'6" and 220 and my balls are bigger than some of these tough locals. I love when one complains and I pull up close and watch the bravery fade to pale fear. You ever hit someone in the face before they finish their threat? That can be very effective.
    That hasn't happened in years though because there are miles of surf with nobody in it. I was just in OBX, nags head and duck and I surfed twice daily with not one other person. That federal research pier in Duck rocks. And they weren't sloppy closeouts either. Surfers love to be around other surfers and then complain of crowded conditions.

If I had to commute 3 hours to the beach I'd be pretty miserable too.

You sound like an arrogant jerk to be quite frank. Take your 300k and shove it. Although I do respect your traveling. Lose the attitude dude. One day it will blow up in your face.

Images
    What a worthless waste of internet ink.

Good thing we've got rich tough guys with big balls like you regulate the entire surf community.

Quote Originally Posted by eppeldaa View Post
    My wife and i must stay put so we can make over 300k/ year... would you give that up?
    yep...so i can bike to the beach every day to surf, swim, or paddle my 14' bark & not have to wait for a trip elsewhere to surf. my fiance will be the first to tell anyone how impossible to be around i become when my gills start to dry up.
    good for you, you make 300k a year. whoopdy-do. you still live inland. i live at the beach, make less than you, & still travel pretty extensively. doesn't make me a better person than you, but i'd wager that i'm happier in my day to day life.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    yep...so i can bike to the beach every day to surf, swim, or paddle my 14' bark & not have to wait for a trip elsewhere to surf. my fiance will be the first to tell anyone how impossible to be around i become when my gills start to dry up.
    good for you, you make 300k a year. whoopdy-do. you still live inland. i live at the beach, make less than you, & still travel pretty extensively. doesn't make me a better person than you, but i'd wager that i'm happier in my day to day life.
    Probably not happier than him... He does have huge balls.

can we get the big balled nomad and knife boy in an oceanic death match or something? if we're lucky they'll both drown

What a douche! I have a 2.5 hour commute to the coast. I think every day of giving up my great paying job here inland and moving my familiy to the coast. I would def give up the $ for the waves but can;t force that on my wife and son. You however are GONAD not NOMAD. I must agree that of all the **** that has been posted on here latley this takes the asshole cake. Go take your big brave ass and tons of cash and be stoked on how sweet you are, how many awesome waves you catch and how many folks you beat up. Have a wonderful life till you realize you are an ass and die miserable and alone.
    Last edited by rcarter; May 31, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

I might hit around 6 figs before taxes and insurance in a good year and I can work whenever and from wherever I want. Wouldn't trade it for the world..... I guess you have an expensive lifestyle epp, those tend to make life harder, not easier in my experience.

To those in college or just starting a career: You don't have to make the really big bucks to have a great life. The key is to avoid debt like the plague, be thrifty, work hard and play hard. If you're careful with money you will retire a multi-millionaire earlier than most and live more than comfortably even if you have only earned an average income.

you sir need a life..