LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

standard practice

some of (if not the) best surf clips from 2013

Whoa.... thanks dude. Keep em coming.

00:30... 360, beautifully landed. A lot of surfing aerials have that 'barely-pulled-it-off' look to them, but this one was nothing but style and grace. Damn.

1:55 ... air over a 15' crumbling section. Holy sh*t!

2:45 ... Tucked into a detonating mountain. That's commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Whoa.... thanks dude. Keep em coming.

00:30... 360, beautifully landed. A lot of surfing aerials have that 'barely-pulled-it-off' look to them, but this one was nothing but style and grace. Damn.

1:55 ... air over a 15' crumbling section. Holy sh*t!

2:45 ... Tucked into a detonating mountain. That's commitment.
    Perfect recap. I am a decent surfer in my opinion but I don't understand how they do airs and land back on the wave. Looks so easy. I have tried a lot, no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    Perfect recap. I am a decent surfer in my opinion but I don't understand how they do airs and land back on the wave. Looks so easy. I have tried a lot, no joy.
    A lot of them practice on skateboards. I saw a documentary from Red Bull with Jordy and Nick and some of their crew using a min half pipe and foam pit to learn. After years of skating I can pull airs on ramps fine and can launch them easily on a wave but not usually land them on the wave as it is moving and not static unlike the ramp.

Oh and the opening wave was insane!!!! Nice vid!
    Last edited by retracR; Jan 30, 2014 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post
    A lot of them practice on skateboards. I saw a documentary from Red Bull with Jordy and Nick and some of their crew using a min half pipe and foam pit to learn. After years of skating I can pull airs on ramps fine and can launch them easily on a wave but not usually land them on the wave as it is moving and not static unlike the ramp.

I may try to do airs on my skateboard. I don't have a foam pit but I have some grass and an old mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    I may try to do airs on my skateboard. I don't have a foam pit but I have some grass and an old mattress.
    That would work man.

Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post

I've seen that video, it's dope!!! I think Mick says he's never skated before. Where do I get me some foam like that, breh? Party time.

Nj42, I don't see the link to the vid you posted, where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    I've seen that video, it's dope!!! I think Mick says he's never skated before. Where do I get me some foam like that, breh? Party time.

Not sure where to get the foam. Maybe a packing supply store? Only foam pit I ever used was at Woodward in PA. Funn as hell to huck yourself off a ramp knowing youy had a nice soft landing waiting, I even tried a backflip off the launch ramp!

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post

ah, i just embeded it into the post, rather than posting a hotlink.
    here's the link: http://vimeo.com/85104626

edit: i've seen & read that jjf skates a lot w/ greyson fletcher & is prob. at least as good a skater as he is a surfer. makes sense, IMO, that these guys are figuring out the body mechanics on land first, where they can repeat the motion over & over again.
    Last edited by njsurfer42; Jan 30, 2014 at 01:24 PM.

Images
    hell yea. id seen half of these clips but they were insane!!! thanks for the post brotha man