LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,067

    standard practice



    some of (if not the) best surf clips from 2013

  2. #2
    Whoa.... thanks dude. Keep em coming.

    00:30... 360, beautifully landed. A lot of surfing aerials have that 'barely-pulled-it-off' look to them, but this one was nothing but style and grace. Damn.

    1:55 ... air over a 15' crumbling section. Holy sh*t!

    2:45 ... Tucked into a detonating mountain. That's commitment.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Whoa.... thanks dude. Keep em coming.

    00:30... 360, beautifully landed. A lot of surfing aerials have that 'barely-pulled-it-off' look to them, but this one was nothing but style and grace. Damn.

    1:55 ... air over a 15' crumbling section. Holy sh*t!

    2:45 ... Tucked into a detonating mountain. That's commitment.
    Perfect recap. I am a decent surfer in my opinion but I don't understand how they do airs and land back on the wave. Looks so easy. I have tried a lot, no joy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gnomes Suck
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    Perfect recap. I am a decent surfer in my opinion but I don't understand how they do airs and land back on the wave. Looks so easy. I have tried a lot, no joy.
    A lot of them practice on skateboards. I saw a documentary from Red Bull with Jordy and Nick and some of their crew using a min half pipe and foam pit to learn. After years of skating I can pull airs on ramps fine and can launch them easily on a wave but not usually land them on the wave as it is moving and not static unlike the ramp.

    Oh and the opening wave was insane!!!! Nice vid!
    Last edited by retracR; Jan 30, 2014 at 01:38 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post
    A lot of them practice on skateboards. I saw a documentary from Red Bull with Jordy and Nick and some of their crew using a min half pipe and foam pit to learn. After years of skating I can pull airs on ramps fine and can launch them easily on a wave but not usually land them on the wave as it is moving and not static unlike the ramp.

    Oh and the opening wave was insane!!!! Nice vid!
    I may try to do airs on my skateboard. I don't have a foam pit but I have some grass and an old mattress.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gnomes Suck
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    I may try to do airs on my skateboard. I don't have a foam pit but I have some grass and an old mattress.
    That would work man.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by retracR View Post
    A lot of them practice on skateboards. I saw a documentary from Red Bull with Jordy and Nick and some of their crew using a min half pipe and foam pit to learn. After years of skating I can pull airs on ramps fine and can launch them easily on a wave but not usually land them on the wave as it is moving and not static unlike the ramp.

    Oh and the opening wave was insane!!!! Nice vid!
    I've seen that video, it's dope!!! I think Mick says he's never skated before. Where do I get me some foam like that, breh? Party time.

    Nj42, I don't see the link to the vid you posted, where is it?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    900
    Images
    2
    hell yea. id seen half of these clips but they were insane!!! thanks for the post brotha man

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    1,362

    Cool state of the sport 2013

    wow nias wow jjf wow STICKING full rotations. and the sport roxon. thanks vid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gnomes Suck
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    I've seen that video, it's dope!!! I think Mick says he's never skated before. Where do I get me some foam like that, breh? Party time.

    Nj42, I don't see the link to the vid you posted, where is it?
    Not sure where to get the foam. Maybe a packing supply store? Only foam pit I ever used was at Woodward in PA. Funn as hell to huck yourself off a ramp knowing youy had a nice soft landing waiting, I even tried a backflip off the launch ramp!