LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Winter weather event for the Carolinas

i'm giddy, like a child - i love this stuff. you guys up north are used to it, but here in coastal nc, this a rare event, if it meets expectations. a snow day (or two!) would be fricking awesome:
    Local Weather Alert Winter Storm Warning for Coastal New Hanover, NC From 5:00 AM EST, Tue., Jan 28, 2014 until 6:00 PM EST, Wed., Jan 29, 2014 Other affected areas: Bladen, NC; Columbus, NC; Inland Pender, NC; Coastal Pender, NC; Inland New Hanover, NC; Coastal New Hanover, NC; Inland Brunswick, NC; Coastal Brunswick, NC; Florence, SC; Marion, SC; Williamsburg, SC; Inland Horry, SC; Coastal Horry, SC; Inland Georgetown, SC; Coastal Georgetown, SC<br />Issued by The National Weather Service Wilmington, NC January 7, 2014, 10:33 PM EST. WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TUESDAY TO 6 PM EST WEDNESDAY...THIS APPEARS TO BE AN HISTORIC EVENT UNFOLDING.
    http://www.weather.com/weather/alert...=KILM&etn=0001

stoked for this. Possibly some waves too? Not the best, but I've never surfed in the snow before

Images
    You got it banman!!! Snow session tomorrow here in Carolina!!!

Images
    snow=work closing=wasted vacation day=1 less day somewhere I'd rather be. That, and the high tomorrow is gonna be 24. Bummed out..
    Last edited by Masterjasson; Jan 28, 2014 at 05:18 AM. Reason: I hate the cold

My college is shut down tomorrow! Now to decide if I want to freeze my @ss of trying to surf tomorrow. I'm starving from this flat spell

It's snowing so hard in CB right now

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    It's snowing so hard in CB right now
    what? don't toy with me - i'm vulnerable...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterjasson View Post
    snow=work closing=wasted vacation day=1 less day somewhere I'd rather be. That, and the high tomorrow is gonna be 24. Bummed out..
    they make you burn a vacation day for a snow day? wow, that's cold.

PSA: Town of Carolina Beach has officially closed down the bridge until the snow stops. Take shelter immediately.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    PSA: Town of Carolina Beach has officially closed down the bridge until the snow stops. Take shelter immediately.
    that's always my trump card with my boss: "but they might close the bridge and then i won't be able to get home!"