LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I watched a netflix movie on a group of scientists who went to Japan to film the dolphin slaughter. What a terrible thing. As the human race continues to blow up, the other species on this planet will continue to be in decline.

Quote Originally Posted by leetymike808 View Post
    Wouldnt this be a case of your brain giving in before your body? Cause it was your brain that told you that you couldn't swim in. Your body still had the ability to make it in after all.

Surfing can be interesting to talk about. You just gotta be open to all the twisted ideas goin on in peoples heads!! haha, some weird sh!t sometimes. And you gotta be willing to talk to the mad scientist looking old dudes that hang at the beach. Yes sometimes they just end up being the town drunk washout, but other times hes that and some old surfer dude with stories upon stories of crazy finless boards goin upside down in tubes...
    I don't know the true meaning behind that,just something I learned from this big meathead I used to work out with.hed say ur body gives up before the mind,so when u feel like ur done,do 5 more reps.maybe it is mind gives up first lol,don't remember

anybody seen that cnn film blackfin or something,about seaworld.its pretty horrific and that's why il never go to seaworld.its like the orca holocaust,or maybe north korea tactics.kidnap them and put them in a fishbowl for fat people to enjoy

Holy crap cep, I saw blackfin last week. What a creep show. How much of that is really fact? The craziest part of the film is when they show the family tree of offspring over the decades of the orcas and it all has the one orca at the top. Yeah brah, that whole show was madness. Then they go and put an orca on display in Sochi? The HR person that even signed off on the hiring of the marketing employee that decided to do that is really the one that should go. C'mon, pay attention.

How bout the Canadians at that Sealand place? Wow. Talk about JV heroes. Bro, do you even know mammal science?

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    But after seeing all this, one couldn't help to wonder how any of this was good for these creatures. They were kept in cement tanks with observation windows and metal gates and hand fed frozen dead fish and given antibiotics - all for the purpose of making money by entertaining the crowds, selling whale and dolphin souvenirs, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Zoos = obscene horror shows. Hey let's take the kiddies & expose them to how brutal humans are to the other inhabitants of the planet! Friggin train wreck in action.
    For the most part I agree, but respectable zoos and aquariums use that money to fund research to help the wild animals. I'm against trapping and parading them around in confined pens but the majority of these animals were not snatched from the wild. Those that haven't been bred in captivity were orphaned or injured in the wild and would have died anyway. So yeah, these animals are trapped in cages, but they're usually well cared for and wouldn't exist if they hadn't been helped.

Having said all that, some animals should never be in captivity. I haven't seen Blackfish yet but SeaWorld should stop breeding them and stop the show once the whales die.

I think we play god with nature too often and some of us are a scourge on this planet, but saving animals from certain death and rehabilitating them, studying them, and then charging the mob to view them is ok with me as long as the money is well spent. Otherwise, no one else would give a crap and there would be no funding.

I see what you guys are saying... just adding my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Dolphins are enslaved, slaughtered, caught for sport & discarded as yesterday's trash by long line net fishing ops.
    Anyone who's kept a pet (and paid attention to it) knows that animals can feel, think, decide, fear, and dream. Knowing that and watching The Cove is a bit disturbing.

And as for the boring state of the forum, I'm sure humorless posts like this don't help. I'd always rather be surfing than talk about surfing, but when there are no waves and work is slow ... no surf and no beer make viajero something something.

If you don't like it go get a dose of alternating realities from the erBB and Sways, or better yet post something funny and interesting yourself.

Interesting article from Fortune magazine (3 Feb) on Hobie Alter and how he got his start:
    http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/16/lead...une/index.html

Thumbs down golfing

one upside to golf is golfers don't get eaten by tigers….

Images
    Good thread...well intentioned Mr. M.

Golf is no longer an elitist sport. Do more rich folk play than poor? Yes. But that's more because golf courses are not in inner cities... There are plenty of cheap public courses these days... More and more "poor" people are playing golf every year.
    I know a lot of people think golf is boring, but I do not. And I'm not an elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Golf is no longer an elitist sport. Do more rich folk play than poor? Yes. But that's more because golf courses are not in inner cities... There are plenty of cheap public courses these days... More and more "poor" people are playing golf every year.
    I know a lot of people think golf is boring, but I do not. And I'm not an elitist.
    I am not wealthy, and I hate the idea of golf, but it is actually pretty fun to play. Only when it is flat, of course.