LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Surfing in Trinidad

Hi All,

I am heading to Port of Spain in Trinidad for work. I am VERY familiar with Trinidad and the last couple times I have been there, I keep telling myself I have to check out the surf around Blanchi! I am going next week, and wondered what to expect as I haven't been there yet.

Also, if you can recommend a place to rent a board as I won't be able to bring any of mine due to traveling multiple destinations this trip. I would prefer if the surf shop was close to Port of Spain if anyone knows of one...

Thanks,
    SM

Alright... this is either really good or really bad that no one has chimed in... HAHAHA

Big Gulps huh... Whelp see you later!

Images
    Scotty, I have heard there is fun surf on the north and eastern sides, but you have to deal with the trade winds. I have never been, but Swellinfo does have forecasts around the island there.

Thanks... I was wondering how safe it would be, not necessarily the ocean, but the locals? I know the island fairly well, some spots are very dangerous, and others, no problems... I am not familiar with Blanchi area though. If I could make it happen, I would be heading out around 3pm (hr or so to get there), then surf till sun down, and make my way back to Port of Spain. I was hoping someone would chime in that has surfed this area, but doesn't look like it...