LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best/safest beach from this list?

Hey guys, I'm going to Florida in about a month for work and recreation, I am staying near the Orlando area.

I was wondering which of these beaches are the safest (FEWEST sharks and most manageable rip currents) and best for my surfing level?

Cocoa Beach
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vero Beach
    Wabasso Beach

I have been surfing for several years in New Jersey (mostly fun-sized board/longboard) and I typically surf best in waist-chest high water. Some experience in surfing shoulder-head high too but mostly the former.

Any tips/suggestions are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

-Bruce

Cocoa Beach.

Really? I heard Cocoa Beach is infested with sharks

Quote Originally Posted by bdub17 View Post
    Really? I heard the ocean is infested with sharks

FIFY

pick a board, pick a beach, and go surf. its the ocean, sharks are everywhere, and yes Florida is the shark attack capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikkapow View Post
    FIFY

pick a board, pick a beach, and go surf. its the ocean, sharks are everywhere, and yes Florida is the shark attack capital of the world.
    Does shark repellent work?

Sebastian inlet

Make sure you know the water temp. Not quite Jersey cold, but its colder then one would think.
    Last edited by Thewaternerd; Feb 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewaternerd View Post
    Make sure you know the water temp. Not quite Jersey cold, but its colder then one would think.
    I have a 3/2 full with booties

Quote Originally Posted by bdub17 View Post
    Really? I heard Cocoa Beach is infested with sharks
    Yeah, you can even troll for some. Why don't you head out to New Smyrna? Safest place in the state!

SI better for skilled surfers. Has plenty of sharks. 2 Bad shark attacks in Vero, one fatal. CCB is nice for less skilled surfers. Might get nipped, but I don't think any recent bad bites.

New Smyrna--ha ha, thats funny.

It's not sharks that's dangerous. Two legged creatures are much scarier.