LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    if you worried about sharks, you need to start skateboarding.

I was thinking the strenuous sport of Dungeons and Dragons is more the OP's speed... maybe foosball if he's really hard core.

Come on guys, give him a break.

Don't forget- he's a pianist. A pianist without gonads.

Sharks are all over the florida coast. Especially in the spring/fall when there are even more in the water migrating.

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    If you're worried about sharks, maybe you've picked the wrong hobby. I'm not saying be stupid about it, like paddling out into a whole school of bull sharks, or hitting up Recife in Brazil. And not saying I've got the stones of Mark Healey, or even some of the guys on this forum that can see the grey triangle and just ignore it...but the fact is the same thing that makes good breaks attracts the things sharks like to eat. If you're in shark central be aware of course, but if you're looking at a nicely breaking wave and worrying about sharks...maybe this sport isn't for you.

They may be concentrated in places like SI and New Smyrna but they are everywhere. Largest tiger shark ever caught was off the Cherry Grove pier in N Myrtle Beach, and that's not exactly a hot spot for sharks.

Relax bro - I surf in Jersey and don't have to really worry about sharks there. I was just asking for some opinions and trying to play it safe

Virginia Beach. No waves. No undertow. The biggest danger is stepping in a hole and disappearing.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bdub17 View Post
    Relax bro - I surf in Jersey and don't have to really worry about sharks there. I was just asking for some opinions and trying to play it safe
    Pretty sure the only fatal great white attack in east coast history was in jersey. sack up. Sharks are everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by bdub17 View Post
    I've surfed in Florida numerous times and have seen many sharks, but the biggest one I have ever seen was in Jersey...no bs.