LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

biggest wave ever ridden?

CNN thinks so but who the hell knows? and don't you have to make it, too?

Images
    It must be made(imho), and that was not. Also I've seen pics of heaving Nazare, but I don't know about these ones that start to break and then fizzle. Would I be out there? Absolutely not.

Images
    Have to make it!
    The Waves at Nazare are definitely unique, as it gets ridiculously tall and then fattens out after the peak crumbles.

No... Not biggest ever ridden. And you are right. He did not make it.

Nazare is a heavy place, but does not compare to the other "big wave" spots... IT's a super heavy, dangerous spot with a ton of current and rocks. It actually looked way heavier on smaller days, like when Kelly and Parko surfed it.

Agreed, he has to make it. Wouldn't catch me out there. So props to him.

But...I don't think I could say fizzle or fatten when even the whitewater is 5-6-7x overhead. He covers more distance on the drop than entire waves we catch over here on the east coast. Well, except for that secret spot I can't tell you about.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    Agreed, he has to make it. Wouldn't catch me out there. So props to him.

But...I don't think I could say fizzle or fatten when even the whitewater is 5-6-7x overhead. He covers more distance on the drop than entire waves we catch over here on the east coast. Well, except for that secret spot I can't tell you about.
    Whether it fizzles or not, its still a super dangerous wave. That white water is chasing you a long ways.

So, some east coast bench pumpers on here would surf Mav's at 30FT? Let's see your Gopro footy

Who said that?

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    So, some east coast bench pumpers on here would surf Mav's at 30FT? Let's see your Gopro footy

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    CNN thinks so but who the hell knows? and don't you have to make it, too?
    I would paddle into that

Images
    Would that be a non-makeable wave if it didn't flatten out so much ? I can't imagine that thing actually throwing.. . .either way didn't make it and mushburger wave. I have surfed way crazier in Florida on the Gulf when a supertanker hit my home made reef