LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool moosh mooosh

it seems like a peak only; not so dif than from catching any wave in the open ocean.
    circus aspect higher than surfing aspect which is ok i mean its a free country right?

Laird knoweth all.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Laird knoweth all.

Saying it like it is. Couldn't agree more.

I didn't know laird was on here.i don't think I ever actually seen anyone completely ride one of those nazare monsters.they should get brownie points for the effort.as far as biggest wave,it gets new every year.

I remember laird at chopes,which wasn't big at all.then u had dollar at mavs.then u had healy/dorian monster paddle at waimai.then u had sion on a outer reef bomb.then u had greg at Puerto,makua at jaws,taylor knox at todos,parsons at cortez,dollar at cortez.well I know they might not be in order,but those are the few off thee top of my head.who cares who caught the biggest,they caught it,we didn't.they deserve their claims or whatever.laird is a douche,but he is ,I mean was the king at one point.he was the one taking 70ft jaws closeouts falling out the lip in nothing but boardshorts.maybe that's why he gets mad when he sees someone else catch a big one,he did it without the safety teams

Phew, I've seen Myrtle Beach bigger!
    #MBrulesallotherbreaks#

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    So, some east coast bench pumpers on here would surf Mav's at 30FT? Let's see your Gopro footy
    Did you even read the other posts?

Images
    I wish there were pics from the sesh at Egypt discussed at length in The Wave.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Yes ,great book. 130 foot faces . Also where is Egypt located if anyone knows. North Shore?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Laird talked about it on TWC's "Freaks of Nature". said things not mentioned in the book. Like Lickles leg was shattered(shadoobie) in the initial strike that blew them into the air. Then fell to filet his leg. I'd love to see pics or footage of the place.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ocsurf32 View Post
    Yes ,great book. 130 foot faces . Also where is Egypt located if anyone knows. North Shore?
    If I remember correctly it's a mile or so outside of Peahi.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Laird talked about it on TWC's "Freaks of Nature". said things not mentioned in the book. Like Lickles leg was shattered(shadoobie) in the initial strike that blew them into the air. Then fell to filet his leg. I'd love to see pics or footage of the place.
    Dude that story was INSANE. Dude ties off Lickle's bleeding leg w/ his wetsuit, swims in to get the ski, saves Lickle, then goes back out and surfs!?