LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    24

    DFR by Channel Islands

    http://www.cisurfboards.com/surfboar...dane-reynolds/

    Any reviews? Happy with the board? Or not so much? As much as I want a durable firewire with thick glassing, (my last board, a CI gravy is so beat up and has so much sun damage and I've only had it for 2 years). its also de-lammed from where my foot and knee falls short of the tail pad when duckdiving.

  2. #2
    Love my dfr so much. by far my favorite board, about to get another one. super responsive and fun in small punchy waves up to head high

  3. #3
    seen it, used it, AWSOME BOARD.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Juancbernardez View Post
    seen it, used it, AWSOME BOARD.
    It says anything from like a powerful knee high to head, is this true?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    It says anything from like a powerful knee high to head, is this true?
    i feel like that's going to depend HEAVILY on the rider's ability level. for dane reynolds? sure, of course. me? not so much. more like punchy stomach to a foot or so OH for the surfer of average ability.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i feel like that's going to depend HEAVILY on the rider's ability level. for dane reynolds? sure, of course. me? not so much. more like punchy stomach to a foot or so OH for the surfer of average ability.
    True, I've been surfing for 2 1/2 years now and go almost every weekend and do ESA contests in the area. I'm not too good, worse than you I bet. The biggest I've surfed is overhead on me, and I'm 5'3'' and I use my log alot. So maybe this is the wrong board?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    True, I've been surfing for 2 1/2 years now and go almost every weekend and do ESA contests in the area. I'm not too good, worse than you I bet. The biggest I've surfed is overhead on me, and I'm 5'3'' and I use my log alot. So maybe this is the wrong board?
    depends on what you want from it, i suppose. you've got a log, so it's not like it's going to be your only board to ride if the waves are small. you're also a lot lighter than i am.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    24
    I'm basically just looking for an all around every day board that is shorter than my 6'1'' and has more rocker.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    1,005
    Images
    24
    It's so hard to duckdive a wide, thick, 6'1'' when you only weigh 120.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    3,161
    what's your current 6'1"?

    i like the new flyer design for around here...shorter, higher volume, but a slightly pulled in squash tail & good bit of rocker.