LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Fins that pivot...what do you think?

http://www.dailysurfvideos.com/video...-wave-pool-218

I need to see these things on a real wave, not a wave pool.

Not into it. Have you tried those protec fins? They are bad enough. I like my fins to be pretty stiff and drivey. Except the rasta quads i have, but they still are pretty solid. No slide like that.

It seems like these would have a hard time biting on a late drop, stuff like that.

Might make ****ty waves feel cool or you might destroy your normal surfing.. probably would work in a small wave board on 3ft days

Doesn't this go against everything that a fin is meant to do?

Yes.

This is not the greatest invention IMO. If they wanna spin don't even put in a fin.
    Just ride a Beater...

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesurfer View Post
    Doesn't this go against everything that a fin is meant to do?
    maybe. backside vs front could be an issue.

Yeah I just don't understand why it would be a good idea to put a sliding fin to do slides and Ollies on a wave, but give up almost all holding power. Also, that was in a controlled wave pool with exactly what the producers and surfers wanted. They didn't do any turns either.... There's too many cons (IMHO) to outweigh being able to not do any turns, have no holding power, being able to slide, etc etc.

i've seen wayne lynch do the same schitt on a finless board that these guys are doing w/ this nonsense.

check out the film "musica surfica".

Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    http://www.dailysurfvideos.com/video...-wave-pool-218

I need to see these things on a real wave, not a wave pool.
    lol. I know lets make a product that does not do anything that its suppose to do and make is so that they actually provide no benefit whatsoever.... People might not go for it but.... if I put a roaring lion sound to a cheesy video... it'll sell!!!

way too one dimensional. Can only go one way, so can't do round-house cutbacks or go the opposite way on reforms because the fins will act the opposite (fold on the bottom turn and engage on the top turn). Sound really aggravating to me and something that would really throw a wrench into your surfing...in a bad way. Calling this "technology" is a real stretch.
    Last edited by waterbaby; May 25, 2014 at 03:33 AM.