LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Issues

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    My luck has sucked this year. That and I am not paying attention.

1) Paddled out without zipping up my suit. On what was a record breaking day for low temperature since the 90s or something. Realize after about 20 min in the water and had a hard time zipping up with wet 7 mil lobster claws.
    2) I got a crazy bruise on my armpit. Putting the board on the roof of my truck, standing on the tire with booties covered in snow and slush, slipped off and slammed my armpit on the door hinge.
    3) Got out after a surf, start the truck up, somehow lock myself out while its running. Phone, towels, keys (obviously), everything in the running truck except me.
    4)Driving through the parking lot, towards the sun, snow everywhere. I was snow blind, drove right into 2 or 3 feet of snow that got plowed to one side of the parking lot and I got stuck.
    5) I keep my board in my garage, garage door got frozen shut. Then I finally bust it open and now it wont close. Its an automatic door opener so it would close, then go back up. Couldn't figure it out.
    6)All the salt they throw down for the snow was all over my truck, including the windshield. Seeing was pretty hard so I after a surf I throw water on the windshield and turn the wipers on the clean it (my windshield washer sprayer thing has never worked). The water turned to slush in about 2 swipes of the wipers, making the whole seeing situation worse.
    and lastly 7) Another really cold day, I am getting into the water but before I make it to the water I slip on icey sand and bust my backside then have the shore break slam on me while I am down.

Today I was thinking about all this and had a good laugh. Thought some of you other cold water/weather guys might find this humorous also, or even better have similar stories so I could feel better about myself
    im sorry dude but that's hilarious.we all have those shyty days

All you lucky people with your vehicles...I have too many stories about riding the train to Long Island, changing into my wet suit in Burger King, trying to hide my gear under the board walk while I surf, walking back to the train station in full wet suit, and changing in the stair well of the parking garage...try going through this past winter without a vehicle.

do you hear that pickles? thats the worlds smallest violin playing just for you.

first gloved session of the season I lost my grip while loading my log on the roof of my car, dropped it from over my head straight on it's rail, strait across my front quarter panel and left a solid dent/crease. I am still yelling expletives every time I see it, this was in November. Log 1; Car 0. Thanks for the solid glass job, Austin!

5. haha, this is an awesome thread. I got so tangled in my leash today that my head was underwater and my feet were in the air and I couldn't come up. I had to crocodile roll to break loose. I came up gasping and realize two dudes were just staring at me. Mind you this was in-between sets in really calm conditions, no waves anywhere insight.

I have a Soma blow-up case...So I was waiting on the train platform and because of the cold temperature the air shrunk and I had to blow up the bag more. So I was kneeling down on the ground blowing into the case, when a cop comes up behind me and asks what I'm inhaling. Is that air in there? What is that thing? I'm like, it's just air...and he says, ok just checking what you are doing there.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Busted my ass at work all day in order to get off early enough to catch a sunset session last year. While getting dressed I locked my keys in my company truck. I couldn't call my boss for a spare key because I was supposed to be working so I had to pay 50 bucks for a locksmith and didn't even get to surf.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    Surfed DP about 15 years ago. I got out to go pick up a buddy and come back so I just stayed in my suit. On the way back I get pulled over for speeding in the state park. I had a felony warrant on me so I ended up going to jail in a fullsuit. The cop was cool though. He let me grab my shoes and underwear. He still works at the park, I don't think he remembers me but I remember to slow down when I see him.

This is my first winter, so my sob story is limited/standard.

1- Days are too short
    2- Changing outside. Especially on the days I stay in too long. When your rigid, there's no quick way out of it
    3- Not getting home for an hour and then having to flush the gear
    4- Waiting up for Santa

Angry scrambled eggs

dif take - am parked behind 'angry aggressive surfer w/no friends.' he gets out of
    water to his car. he looks at me so i wave - cause i really want no part of this guy.
    he chooses to wave back and promptly drops his cherry longboard and smashes his
    glassed in fin….he looks back at me LIKE I DID THIS….and i am worried….but instead
    of busting the longboard over my head…..he bursts INTO TEARS (he's over 40)…and
    collapses onto the ground. i drive away. with the twilight zone tune playing in my head.