LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @nynj...I thought the same exact thing. Can only see the conversation with the shop employee..."yea I want it just like Kelly's board...definitely a quad!...also much sure it's team light glassine as well...and a bat tail--they're so much more responsive the my current swallow tail..."

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    @nynj...I thought the same exact thing. Can only see the conversation with the shop employee..."yea I want it just like Kelly's board...definitely a quad!...also much sure it's team light glassine as well...and a bat tail--they're so much more responsive the my current swallow tail..."
    The funny thing is tail shapes have very little to do with surfboard performance. If the tail width is about the same it doesn't really matter much if it's a swallow, bat, squash, diamond etc. 99% of surfers cannot tell the difference.
    Rounded pins will turn faster faster and hold better though because the reduce the overall rail line.
    Quad vs. thruster is a big difference though.
    That was a very odd board Kelly was riding though. It looked like a fun shape almost.

the final was weak as far as waves.2 hrs before Kelly was getting bombs as the swell peaked and shrunk 2 hrs later.everyone did good,i was rootin for wiggoly,I just love that name.wiggles gets bombs out at pipe if u never heard of him,the brazzos charge.wiggoly and Stephen figuerdo?bald guy with beard,hes another good dude

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Wonder how many people are ordering bat tails today...
    I have a lost rocket with a rounded bat tail, kelly is stealing my secrets

Sweet! Now you can charge 10' pipe!

Quote Originally Posted by seanmcgaff View Post
    I have a lost rocket with a rounded bat tail, kelly is stealing my secrets

Quote Originally Posted by StuckontheGulf View Post
    Missed it. Is there somwhere to watch the replay?
    How was the trip to PR?

Great, PM me for details and a few pics

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Wonder how many people are ordering bat tails today...
    i have thot more about bat-tails in the last 48hrs than in the last 10 years…other than that no he doesn't
    get into my head...

You'd have to be a pretty good, no make that a very good, surfer to feel the difference with bat tail vs. a shallow swallow tail or even a squash tail.

The biggest difference a bat tail presents to the avg. surfer is you have those extra points on the tail asking for water leaking dings.

Cool cat tails / bat tails

imo that little tweak at the tail offers a SLIGHTLY HIGHER TRACK with respect to pocket surfing
    and its resultant speed…kinda like with a little better bite i can set its track A LITTLE higher.
    kinda/ithink…still, tho, not sure...