LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

the only guy surfing

This was the only guy out surfing the other day. He thinks the water temp is just perfect

I really did see him bobbing along the shore.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Long-tailed-duck.jpg

did know they were once an endangered species and have enjoyed a remarkable comeback??

That thing is absolutely beautiful. People don't hunt those, do they? Hope not. How could someone destroy that for fun? Did he dive and stay under for extended periods only to pop up many yards away like I have seen other species of duck do in the surf ?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean View Post
    People don't hunt those, do they?
    Unfortunately I bet some f**ktards do. But I agree w/ your assertion.

beautiful to the eyes, yes.. to the ears, maybe? to the nose: unlikely...however the real question is how does it taste

Smile long tails

Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean View Post
    That thing is absolutely beautiful. People don't hunt those, do they? Hope not. How could someone destroy that for fun? Did he dive and stay under for extended periods only to pop up many yards away like I have seen other species of duck do in the surf ?
    they are what is called a 'diving duck', the other kinds being tree, dabbler, and sea. would you
    be surprised to learn that it was saved by hunters?? (ying so it can be shot !!) (yang-YOU try
    bagging one of 'em; damn near impossible,,)

i agree that it is 'absolutely beautiful.'

Long Tails are Sea Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    they are what is called a 'diving duck', the other kinds being tree, dabbler, and sea. would you
    be surprised to learn that it was saved by hunters?? (ying so it can be shot !!) (yang-YOU try
    bagging one of 'em; damn near impossible,,)

i agree that it is 'absolutely beautiful.'

Smile true dat

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Long Tails are Sea Ducks
    they are. i shud know this cause they were the only other surfer out ystdy besides me.

They are super cool looking ducks... It's cool that male birds are "prettier" than females.

Sea Duck Recipe
    Ingredients:

3 or 4 sea sea duck breasts, butterflied and boned.
    1 bundle of shallots, minced.
    4 heads of garlic, minced.
    2 table spoon of ginger powder.
    2 tablespoon of fresh ground black pepper.
    1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
    1/2 onion, minced.
    4 cups of low salt soy sauce (or Worcestershire sauce).
    2 cups of buttermilk.
    1 cedar plank (the kind you use for cooking salmon on).

To prepare:

1. Shoot four nice sea ducks. Clean immediately upon getting home, and put the boned out, butterflied breasts in a big container with iced water for two or three hours.
    2. Rinse thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towels.
    3. Put breast meat in a bowl with buttermilk. Make sure you use enough buttermilk to submerge the meat.
    4. Put marinating meat in the fridge for 3 days.
    5. After marinating the meat in buttermilk for three days, rinse thorougly in iced water, and pat dry.
    6. Mix in a bowl all the ingredients mentioned above, and marinate the breast meat in the sauce for at least two days (refrigerated, of course).
    7. On a separate dish, soak the cedar plan in the marinate for up to two days (refrigerated).
    8. Set the oven at the lowest temperature possible (I like it set at 115 degrees).
    9. Take the meat out of the marinate, and lay the breast meat on the the cedar plank.
    10. Slow cook the meat on the cedar plank for up to four hours (again, very low heat).