LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Oib

Oib

Hey Swell Info, do you think that there is any way that you could add Ocean isle to the forecast list? I've been using Holden but it faces a little differently than OIB.

Thanks!

Images
    The forecast locations were never intended to be an exact spot forecast, but rather a generalized area.

the swell data is going to be pretty much the same for OI as Holden, except for those E swells that skip past holden, but sneak into ocean isle.

The small difference will be the conditions based on wind direction, where ocean isle is a little more offshore with a more westerly component to the wind and vice versa for a north wind.

I actually originally had the forecast region labeled South Brunswick, but I forget why I changed it to Holden. OI is a more popular surfing area isn't it ? One thing I could do is add a SSW facing beach forecast for that area.

yea that would be great!

Thanks

Images
    i think you may have oib and oki mixed up... ocean isle beach faces sse and oak island faces ssw.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RideHigh View Post
    i think you may have oib and oki mixed up... ocean isle beach faces sse and oak island faces ssw.
    yes, my mistake... thanks.

Images

Images
    nice work!