LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Brew thanks for once again bringing a scientific, rational mind to the discussion. I love science fiction, and love watching Ancient Aliens and reading about the greys and the reptillians and Nibiru and such. Great for the imagination. But its science fiction, pure and simple.

None of what these guys state as fact is fact at all, (and sometimes an outright lie), and a large part of what they quote as fact comes from the same few sources that have been thoroughly and clearly debunked.

I do think we have a limited understanding of history and there are many things in ancient history that are interesting and could have multiple interpretations, including the possibility of aliens visiting and manipulating the planet and creatures on it. However, the evidence just isn't there, no matter how hard they try to say it is. Does it mean it didn't happen? No, just no hard evidence to support it.

This is a good site for anyone interested.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/ref...scripts/124-2/

I'm an open-minded skeptic. Lots of possibilities out there in the universe, but I need proof. There are conspiracy theories out there I lean towards, but they all have at least some sort of hard evidence.

Angry slogging to sanity

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    It is common for pseudoscientists to continue on making wild claims, without letting inaccurate doomsday predictions get in their way. It reminds me of that church that keeps putting up billboards down south, warning about the end. They have been wrong a couple times now, but that hasn't deterred them.
    we might be seeing less of this as one of the dudes' who was into that 'chicken little'
    routine just croaked last month or so…i think he lived in california….and he supposedly
    owned up to lying about it…on his final breath (!!!!???!!!)….

part of the problem is there are gvt coverups and the corpo media distorts/hides the truth. This is not a license to believe in leprechauns and fairies, unless you live in Mobile, Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    Brew thanks for once again bringing a scientific, rational mind to the discussion. I love science fiction, and love watching Ancient Aliens and reading about the greys and the reptillians and Nibiru and such. Great for the imagination. But its science fiction, pure and simple.

None of what these guys state as fact is fact at all, (and sometimes an outright lie), and a large part of what they quote as fact comes from the same few sources that have been thoroughly and clearly debunked.

I do think we have a limited understanding of history and there are many things in ancient history that are interesting and could have multiple interpretations, including the possibility of aliens visiting and manipulating the planet and creatures on it. However, the evidence just isn't there, no matter how hard they try to say it is. Does it mean it didn't happen? No, just no hard evidence to support it.

This is a good site for anyone interested.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/ref...scripts/124-2/

I'm an open-minded skeptic. Lots of possibilities out there in the universe, but I need proof. There are conspiracy theories out there I lean towards, but they all have at least some sort of hard evidence.
    I am very open minded, when it comes to life in the universe. I think the odds of us being alone are very small, as the building blocks of life are littered throughout space. I just have a hard time believing intelligent alien visitors are common on this planet, or that there is a government coverup involved here. All that has little to do with the fact that the Planet X believers have absolutely no scientific evidence to support their claims. The Zetatalk lady friggin claims she has alien implants that tell her Nibiru exists. But you are right that extraterrestrial life could have influenced things (historically) on this planet. That is hard to prove either way. It isn't likely, but I am not going to tell people they are crazy for considering the possibility. Much like God. I am agnostic simply because I can't prove, scientifically, that god doesn't exist. Evolution, big bang, life chemistry, all these things can be backed up with scientific data. Alien visitation and the existence of god, while improbable, cannot be completely ruled out with data.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    we might be seeing less of this as one of the dudes' who was into that 'chicken little'
    routine just croaked last month or so…i think he lived in california….and he supposedly
    owned up to lying about it…on his final breath (!!!!???!!!)….
    If there is a hell, that guy is going there.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    part of the problem is there are gvt coverups and the corpo media distorts/hides the truth. This is not a license to believe in leprechauns and fairies, unless you live in Mobile, Alabama

"Who else seen da leprechaun, say YEAAAAH"
    "YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!"

I didn't know a union for scaffolding was a Leper Khan Flute. I'da taken one of the construction site I was at last year. I'll have to check it out next month when I go to the azz crack of Bama.

By the way, It'll be epic that weekend.
    Last edited by chicharronne; Feb 11, 2014 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    Brew thanks for once again bringing a scientific, rational mind to the discussion. I love science fiction, and love watching Ancient Aliens and reading about the greys and the reptillians and Nibiru and such. Great for the imagination. But its science fiction, pure and simple

Well put. I totally agree.

Snowing on the OBX. Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Snowing on the OBX. Nothing to see here!
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0121130034.htm

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    My reply was straight forward and no emotion implied. Simply stating that I am no smarter than anyone else that spends a little time to research the topic.
    Im just having a bit of fun honestly. With the scientific snapshot we have for what, maybe 300 yrs what do the scientists or the planet xers or the global warmers or whoever really know.....nothing. The way I see it ill have fun and if the world doesnt end with a giant tidal wave ill surf normal waves until death claims me if not ill surf a 600 ft tidal wave to my doom when the pole shifts. No reason to stress now, life is today not yesterday or tomorrow.