LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Trouble in the Parking lot

Hi ALL,<br /><br />Quick question. If you back out of your parking spot at the lane, and some dude leaves their board behind your car. Whose at fault. Is it the guy who walks to his car from the front side and has no clue there's a board there. Or is it the guy at the nearby car who left his board behind the car. didnt notice the engine start, or the car slowly backing up. Also, in general, how often do you require someone else to pay for a ding on your board. I always fix my own dings. I look at it like this, if you bring glass into the ocean, and so do 75 people, its your fault if it dings, you chose to go in that soup. Requiring someone else to pay for a ding on your board unless theres super weird circumstances is weird.

evidently he wanted his board hurt or he'da taken better care of it. I love my boards too much. Once I had unstrapped one from the racks and the wind caught it. Luckily I was quick enough to throw my new born son under it to prevent any damage when it hit the concrete.

babies are good bumpers, well done chich, guy who left board is kook

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    babies are good bumpers, well done chich, guy who left board is kook
    that's why god made them so fluffy. A good board is a thing to cherish. An offspring is bound to disappoint you sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    that's why god made them so fluffy. A good board is a thing to cherish. An offspring is bound to disappoint you sooner or later.
    Like my dad always said, "I brought you into this world and can take you out. And, make another one just like you"

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    Like my dad always said, "I brought you into this world and can take you out. And, make another one just like you"
    I didn't know we were brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    I didn't know we were brothers.
    Yeah, he thought he took me out but I was still alive and dug myself out of the shallow grave. Haha! Joke's on him. Now he's got 2 brats.

Like 20 years ago when asbury park was still hood right up to the beach me and my friend were walking to the cars after a surf. We got there and he put his board in front of his car. As we were changing out of our wetsuits a local Mexican pimp approached him while his suit was around his knees and he could barely move. The Mexipimp whipped out a bunch of polaroids of his stable and it freaked out my friend so bad he dove in his car and drove away right over his board, wetsuit still around his knees. The board was ok but the fins broke off and there was a bit of tire mark on it. Still surfable though.

any and all other surfers are absolved when a kook gets his stick mangled by a vehicle... who leaves an unattended board behind a vehicle other than one's own... as far as dings in the water... part of the game... u could get a bic and just go all aggro... those things are tanks, hard to ding

Quote Originally Posted by dcsears17314 View Post
    any and all other surfers are absolved when a kook gets his stick mangled by a vehicle... who leaves an unattended board behind a vehicle other than one's own... as far as dings in the water... part of the game... u could get a bic and just go all aggro... those things are tanks, hard to ding
    I don't even leave my board behind my own vehicle....any more. I almost backed over it after a couple of post session one hits. Had the car running with the CD player cranking, put it in reverse, and just before i took my foot off the brake, a little voice in my head said, "Duuuuude!" So don't have a lot of sympathy for someone who leaves it up to the caution of others to make sure their board is unscathed in a parking lot full of vehicles.

BTW, almost all my dings happen on land. Once I get wet I am all grace and style (in my mind). On land not so much.