LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    Yeah, he thought he took me out but I was still alive and dug myself out of the shallow grave. Haha! Joke's on him. Now he's got 2 brats.
    we'll have the last laugh as we throw dirt on his face. Of course he'll have to be alive or it would defeat the whole purpose.

I saw a dude back over his own board, pull forward a little, and back over it again, all because he was kooky, definitely that dudes fault for leaving behind ANY vehicle, protect your boards as if it's your new born baby, and they will last you a very long time. As for making someone pay for your ding, it will probably end up in a fight so you might as well just get down to bidness

Quote Originally Posted by knockohara View Post
    Hi ALL,<br /><br />Quick question. If you back out of your parking spot at the lane, and some dude leaves their board behind your car. Whose at fault. Is it the guy who walks to his car from the front side and has no clue there's a board there. Or is it the guy at the nearby car who left his board behind the car. didnt notice the engine start, or the car slowly backing up. Also, in general, how often do you require someone else to pay for a ding on your board. I always fix my own dings. I look at it like this, if you bring glass into the ocean, and so do 75 people, its your fault if it dings, you chose to go in that soup. Requiring someone else to pay for a ding on your board unless theres super weird circumstances is weird.
    Well done. I like this. Notice how the poster has set in motion what will incite the swellinfo riot of 2014. Everyone left chimes in...then he pulls a Triumph...and poops on them. I like this. Much more charasmatic than most. A wise man once stated "the jersey is strong in this one. I'd keep an eye on him."

R.I.P. Busting airs

Wink i paid once...

in a foreign country at a deserted beach i dinged a locals' board. there were about ten
    of them and just one gringo (me). good thing i brought my wallet….

Like 20 years ago when asbury park was still hood right up to the beach me and my friend were walking to the cars after a surf. We got there and he put his board in front of his car. As we were changing out of our wetsuits a local Mexican pimp approached him while his suit was around his knees and he could barely move. The Mexipimp whipped out a bunch of polaroids of his stable and it freaked out my friend so bad he dove in his car and drove away right over his board, wetsuit still around his knees. The board was ok but the fins broke off and there was a bit of tire mark on it. Still surfable though.

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Replace the surfboard with a baby. Who would be at fault? The person who didn't bother to check behind their car for a baby? Or the parent who placed their baby behind a car?
    "A dingo ate my baby!"

Babies are way more fun to make than surfboards. Then again, I have 9 surfboards, and at my most recent count, no babies.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsears17314 View Post
    any and all other surfers are absolved when a kook gets his stick mangled by a vehicle... who leaves an unattended board behind a vehicle other than one's own... as far as dings in the water... part of the game... u could get a bic and just go all aggro... those things are tanks, hard to ding
    andy irons had his boards ran over by a camper with shane dorian behind the wheel in the "drive thru Australia".same scenario,left behind the camper,shane rolled over it.

I wouldn't call a guy who misplaced a board a kook.he should've took better care,but I know the lane can be supercrowded and im suree the parking lot is the same.i guess u ran over someones board lol.iv had times I came out the water and wanted to snap my board in half,but then I think logically and avoid an unnessary trip to the shop

sometimes I feel bad for surfers because theres so many ways to get under their skin.thats why I never talk shyt to anyone on or near the beach lol...

think about it.u piss some guy off then go in the water..

this guy can
    a)steal ur stuff on the beach
    b)go break into ur car
    c)throw rocks at u when ur in the water.

my buddy in Manasquan was telling me the other day he wants to wait til summer when all the kooks come invade his spot and hes gonna shoot everyone with paintballs who takes off on the wave.and knowing him he probably will,and hell probably go to jail.something about ocean county people,there missing a few screws in the head.out of all the places iv been in ocean county,all I can say is they have big mouths

I didnt ding this guys board, but i was in the car that did. He thought the driver was 100% at fault. Wouldnt claim any responsibility, and demanded 80 bucks for a repair. He got no money and had to deal with it. As we were awkwardly standing near this guy with his newly dinged glassed on twin fin, another local surfer said from his car nearby, "You shouldn't have to pay for that" to us. We didn't, and I don't think the driver was in the wrong.