LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

the big Olympic money machine

is anybody watching the Olympics? does anybody care?

the wife tunes into GMA in the morning and i catch the GMA hosts gamely trying to pump drama into whatever happened the day before...it's like they're referring to events happening on some other planet.

and the one event i did catch the other night was downhill skiing, which now looks like this:

when did they put the tracks on the ramp - isn't holding the line on the ramp part of the sport that brought us classic moments like The Agony Of Defeat?

Last edited by hanna; Feb 14, 2014 at 02:21 PM.

Images
    I've been pretty bored with the winter olympics this year. Summer is more interesting IMO.
    I can only take so much curling and figure skating.

What's up with Sochi ? Why does it seem like a hell hole and why does Putin seem like such a prick?? What's this I am seeing regarding the cost.. 51 billion. ... This can't be real.. ? Mars costs 2.5 billion to travel too. I don't get it. Some one who knows about this please lend light to abade these wild claims coming from Russia by American journalists.

[QUOTE=White Sea Ape;220017]What's up with Sochi ? Why does it seem like a hell hole and why does Putin seem like such a prick?? What's this I am seeing regarding the cost.. 51 billion. ...

putin IS a prick. the body count of about 130K syrians MANY OF THEM CHILDREN beats a path
    to his door!!!! also many sports boring and irrelevant…with respect to the mindless blather
    lot american journalists…..well, what did you expect? perhaps a talking head without faceliftbotox
    hairweavefakeboobscompressionwear5inchhighheels?

Bro, Sochi is 63F today (thanks to CFC's in our environment) when the northeast is getting MORE SNOW. It can't be that much of a commy hellhold if they're getting balmy temps in Feb. There will probably be waves breaking there starting this week.

No really, we don't have to worry about that DMZ because it's not us and they made it clear last century they don't want our friendship let alone our concern. How American did you guys feel this morning after we beat the KGB in the shootout? Doesn't happen every day and you gotta love when it does.

Love the Winter Olympics. Use to compete in moguls when I was younger...wish they showed more of that.

Something about the Winter Olympics I love...there is always a sense of danger with many of the sports...big time speed and height. Even the figure skating. Pretty extreme getting a bat to the leg...that girl went to extreme measures for a victory...to bad that didn't work out for her.

The only thing I don't care for is shuffleboard on ice, but like everything else. Been watching it since it started. Record what I miss.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bro, Sochi is 63F today (thanks to CFC's in our environment) when the northeast is getting MORE SNOW. How American did you guys feel this morning after we beat the KGB in the shootout? Doesn't happen every day and you gotta love when it does.
    Saw that whole game at work. That was a great game!

team America!!!!!

im not into the Olympics,but I watched the snowboarding and it was pretty cool.and also some little Russian figure skating girl,she was incredible.idk about all the commy bullcrap,but Russia looks like a nice place to visit.pretty cool we beat Russia in hockey,and Russia damn near invented hockey.canada will whoop everyone in hockey.

the president been 'putin on a good show

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    is anybody watching the Olympics? does anybody care?
    Nah, not watching and don't care. F Putin. They rounded up and killed all the stray dogs in Sochi, which I'm sure you all know.

Haven't really been watching it. Usually do, but just not into it this time. Not sure why. Have watched more college basketball than Winter Olympics.