LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Love the Winter Olympics, especially the skeleton...those guys are insane. Anyone else notice that EVERY competitor speaks English, they should get a medal just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Love the Winter Olympics, especially the skeleton...those guys are insane. Anyone else notice that EVERY competitor speaks English, they should get a medal just for that.
    One of my bucket list items is to tear ass down a luge on a skeleton sled... And I even hate snow and ice! (btw, I hope you faired ok through icemageddon, Blackfish. I lost a couple branches out of my beloved Live Oak but that was about it)

That said: Phvk Russia and Putin can eat a B========D. What's the deal with all these pice of chitt countries hosting the Olympics? WTF happened to the Olympic committee? Are they that effed in the head that the Olympics is now becoming the "Games to Placate every piece of crap, waste of space, dog killing, refugee murdering, environment destroying, stains on the world's history"? Let's not forget that Sochi is not very far from many of the industrial fallout wastelands left behind by the Soviet Empire...

Next Winter Olympics: North Korea
    Next Summer Olympics: Burma/Myanmar

I'd love to hang and BS but I've got a half dozen hockey games in the que.

Putin on the Ritz?

50 billion and yet no animal shelters? Sad world we live in. Anyone who kills stray animals should be ashamed of themselves.

Any (non-political) waves in Sochi? I heard it was Russia's answer to Belmar.

Slide on.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Nah, not watching and don't care. F Putin. They rounded up and killed all the stray dogs in Sochi, which I'm sure you all know.
    Fugg Pootie Poot. I'd like to tie his azz up, cover his genitals in scooby snax, and leave him in an alley. I DVRed it just in case something happened. But I found out it was rerecorded. I quit.

That one American Skier adopted 5 stays while he was there. Forgot his name, but very cool move

Hemingway said there are only three sports:
    Auto Racing
    Mountain Climbing
    Bullfighting

Not that I agree with Papa, esp on the bullfighting torture aspect.

I will say that ice dancing is not a sport. Nor is synchronized swimming. Has to be head-to-head competition or against the clock. Judging for style points? = not a competitive sport.

Winter Olympics are cool, though, cause of the equipment. Metal skis & state of the art anti-fog goggles, amazing quick release bindings, the bobsled is simply one bad-ass rumbling beast, luge & skeleton are insane, the biathlon guys skiing with rifles are totally off the chain cool, the downhill racers are true studs, the slopestyle looks like a brutal challenge to concentration & endurance, the snowcross thing is kick ass with people throwing elbows & trying to run the comp into the ground....

By contrast, the summer Olympics are pretty boring....I mean, swimming....? Who can watch that unless it's a tight finish? The marathon? The 1600 meters? The drugged up PEDs sprinters? Yawn. Throw in a few batons on the relays & things get interesting. Watch the pole vaulters & now we're talking crazy shiiiiite.

IMHO

I'll always be saddened by the fact lawn darts didn't make it into the Olympics--either on their own or incorporated with track and field. Hell, they could have become the first Winter AND Summer Olympic sports. It really is a shame.

In reality it doesn't really matter to me now that the Olympics are a cable tv-only enterprise. I haven't had cable for a good while, so fck'em.

"There's an app for that" E!

Since there's curling in the winter games, its warm weather counterpart, shuffleboard, should be added as an event in the summer games. The uniform could be baggy plaid Bermuda shorts, tan stretch knee socks, white velcro shoes, cabana shirt, and a straw fedora. Bocce ball might be another good candidate.