LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    baddy bro, happy to clarify. "Motorboating" is a pop culture term from Wedding Crashers movie. If you've seen it then you would understand. I highly suggest you see it for a wide variety of beneficial reasons.

Glad you appreciate the consideration for you. Respect and appreciation are good things. I want to see everyone on here score endlessly and get stoked to da max on the reg. Especially us northerners who've got the cajones to step into winter liquid so frigid that it may no longer be liquid without a saline current.

2-4ft was a myth, or so it seems, across much of the northeast yesterday. At least it was here. One would expect leftovers of a storm to be some decent lines in reasonable winter offshores when that was the sig wave height projected and the period was 11s. No such luck. Hopefully, that's not the case today in AC and you do score.

I loved dinosaurs as a kid, thanks for bringing them up. My favorite was triceratops, although I did like T-Rex, stegosaurus and any of the airborne creatures too. I was fascinated that the Paleozoic reptiles could emerge into the regal life forms just mentioned in the years following.

Who's telling you to go back to bed? A surfer's supposed to charge. But not before throwing on his form-fitting rubber and facial petroleum jelly and watching Riding Giants until the sun comes up.

I'm not gonna say plane ticket. I was just gone to SoCal, SF, and FL for two weeks and hardly scored. Scored in winter wonderland when I came back here though. Good thing I was out in SoCal 3.5 weeks ago too for that weekend bonanza of super-long period stoke. Not everywhere you'll fly to is guaranteed shacks for days though some are. Those can be four digits just for airfare though. Spicoli is a smart shopper, however.

FLY A BANNER FOR OUR NATION'S FOREFATHERS TODAY!

I told you who may fav Dino was, who's your fav prezzy? I like FDR. All you brahs should be wearing wigs and knickers today in the honor of those who signed our Declaration 238 years ago.

Smile wedding crashers - i actually have the movie, will review for relevancy

[QUOTE=EmassSpicoli;220303]baddy bro, happy to clarify. "Motorboating" is a pop culture term from Wedding Crashers movie. If you've seen it then you would understand. I highly suggest you see it for a wide variety of beneficial reasons. ok - will do so (again).

Glad you appreciate the consideration for you. Respect and appreciation are good things.

i suppose the 2/4 ft prediction has some use for mariners or those who would navigate
    the inlet; for me (us) it was useless.

I loved dinosaurs as a kid, thanks for bringing them up. i too like t-rex; he lives in my backyard in red tail hawk form. did know t-rex successfully shrunk his skull?

Who's telling you to go back to bed? A surfer's supposed to charge. But not before throwing on his form-fitting rubber and facial petroleum jelly…no no no no no (NO!) please refer to
    latest (greatest) wipeouts video...

I'm not gonna say plane ticket. ouch that hurt.

I told you who may fav Dino was, who's your fav prezzy? george washington. he gave my
    great6xgrandfather a congressional pension..someday i'lltell ya why.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    If 5mil were the thickest on the market and your dogs were frostbitten then maybe. But 7mil boots are widely available to us. I was in 36F water for 2 hours yesterday and got quite a bit of water in the boots yet they were only mildly cold. A month ago, it was 5 hours straight in 41F water and no problemo. Not boasting, just being honest.

You guys sure you don't have rips and tears in your boots? Winter surfing isn't gonna feel like a day at the spa, what's up brahs? You guys ok? Not trying to be a TC here, just know that we have much more pressing issues when hitting the northeast breaks these months. Maybe 5 more threads about such issues posted in the next 3.5 days will warm your collective feet up. Cheers!
    I wear a rc insulator 5/4 and have no problem surfing in cold water temps, except when air temps are in low 30's and below, I do get a chill after an hour or so, but if air is in the 40's completely warm. Next year gonna get a 6/4 for those cold and windy days where the air has a bite.

As far as feet and hands, different story. When water temps are in the 30's my feet freeze after an hour or so...frozen nuggets with 5 mil and even bought a pair of 7mil yesterday...did survive almost 2 hours until the toes began to go lifeless...they fit properly but for whatever reason, both my feet and hands just get dam cold. I can deal with frozen fingers but not feet...makes surfing impossible. Once water temps reach low to mid 40's, Iam fine and can surf forever...water temp in the 30's just doesnt agree with my extremities....maybe its my age or all the fat I have lost in the last several months.

Images
    If 5mil were the thickest on the market and your dogs were frostbitten then maybe. But 7mil boots are widely available to us. I was in 36F water for 2 hours yesterday and got quite a bit of water in the boots yet they were only mildly cold. A month ago, it was 5 hours straight in 41F water and no problemo. Not boasting, just being honest.

You guys sure you don't have rips and tears in your boots? Winter surfing isn't gonna feel like a day at the spa, what's up brahs? You guys ok? Not trying to be a TC here, just know that we have much more pressing issues when hitting the northeast breaks these months. Maybe 5 more threads about such issues posted in the next 3.5 days will warm your collective feet up. Cheers!
    I must have the best boots on the market or something. I got these 7 mils: oneill_5mm_round_toe_boot.jpg And these babies keep me warm (No, like WARM, warm) for 2 - 2 1/2 hours every sesh in 36* water. And one more thing, I have an oneill 5/3 and use it all winter. Use to think the hood sucked and the suit was too thin, but after the past couple sessions, its been fine. Also, I don't know aboot you guys, but for me in the dead of winter, after a few duckdives and getting my hood filled with water, my head and face is fine and doesn't feel cold at all the rest of the times. Like I'm surfing in the spring with 58 degree water. Also Emass, I don't understand the "Spicoli" part of your name? I just don't get it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoop View Post
    I wear a rc insulator 5/4 and have no problem surfing in cold water temps, except when air temps are in low 30's and below, I do get a chill after an hour or so, but if air is in the 40's completely warm. Next year gonna get a 6/4 for those cold and windy days where the air has a bite.

As far as feet and hands, different story. When water temps are in the 30's my feet freeze after an hour or so...frozen nuggets with 5 mil and even bought a pair of 7mil yesterday...did survive almost 2 hours until the toes began to go lifeless...they fit properly but for whatever reason, both my feet and hands just get dam cold. I can deal with frozen fingers but not feet...makes surfing impossible. Once water temps reach low to mid 40's, Iam fine and can surf forever...water temp in the 30's just doesnt agree with my extremities....maybe its my age or all the fat I have lost in the last several months.
    What is with your guys's boots!? Mine are fine! I got 7 mils just like you all!

[QUOTE=baddy trailerpark;220307]
    baddy bro, happy to clarify. "Motorboating" is a pop culture term from Wedding Crashers movie. If you've seen it then you would understand. I highly suggest you see it for a wide variety of beneficial reasons. ok - will do so (again).

Glad you appreciate the consideration for you. Respect and appreciation are good things.

i suppose the 2/4 ft prediction has some use for mariners or those who would navigate
    the inlet; for me (us) it was useless.

I loved dinosaurs as a kid, thanks for bringing them up. i too like t-rex; he lives in my backyard in red tail hawk form. did know t-rex successfully shrunk his skull?

Who's telling you to go back to bed? A surfer's supposed to charge. But not before throwing on his form-fitting rubber and facial petroleum jelly…no no no no no (NO!) please refer to
    latest (greatest) wipeouts video...

I'm not gonna say plane ticket. ouch that hurt.

I told you who may fav Dino was, who's your fav prezzy? george washington. he gave my
    great6xgrandfather a congressional pension..someday i'lltell ya why.
    Bro. Please learn how to use the Reply With Quote feature so my head doesn't spin in your replies discerning what is your new text vs. my previous. Our banter will be far more enjoyable then and perhaps we will be stoked to even fly a banner for banter.

Predictions are just that. They aren't guarantees.

I did not know that T-Rex voluntarily culled his skull or at least atrophied it. From an evol psych stance, how did that benefit him? Had to have been a reason.

Bro. I told you FDR all the way for prezzy. Would've been stoked if Bill & Ted brought him back for the presentation at San Dimas HS during their Excellent Adventure. Abe's "four score and...seven minutes!" was a fine consolation. Some hempy hippie from college named Nate once told us that "George Washington used to smoke the female part of the plant". Thanks for the 411, Nato!

I missed that latest greatest wipeouts video. Though I've had some great ones lately myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    Also Emass, I don't understand the "Spicoli" part of your name? I just don't get it.
    Buoys...is grom brah for reelz here?! I know he's typically in over his head...butttttt

I'm waiting for yankee to get back from SoCal so he can regulate this one. SMH. Hope he's scoring out there.

Cool evolution rox

[QUOTE=EmassSpicoli;220320]
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post

Bro. Please learn how to use the Reply With Quote feature so my head doesn't spin in your replies discerning what is your new text vs. my previous. Our banter will be far more enjoyable then and perhaps we will be stoked to even fly a banner for banter.

Predictions are just that. They aren't guarantees.

I did not know that T-Rex voluntarily culled his skull or at least atrophied it. From an evol psych stance, how did that benefit him? Had to have been a reason.

Bro. I told you FDR all the way for prezzy. Would've been stoked if Bill & Ted brought him back for the presentation at San Dimas HS during their Excellent Adventure. Abe's "four score and...seven minutes!" was a fine consolation. Some hempy hippie from college named Nate once told us that "George Washington used to smoke the female part of the plant". Thanks for the 411, Nato!

I missed that latest greatest wipeouts video. Though I've had some great ones lately myself.
    sorry re reply w/quote, think i get it now…baddy new to computers…what mean #?? also,
    i don't get the belmar joke (If it is one)…..anyway…re t/rex…its true…in about 60M yrstime,
    after deciding…their head was too big…its structure slowly but surely reverse engineered
    its skull to (way)downsize to be the hawk in your (my)backyard. if you wish to further
    pursue this issue…try googling NEW YORK TIMES/SCIENCE TIMES.TREX SKULL EVOLUTION…

DOOD - do you surf eastern mass?? if you teach me how to pm i will let you surf w/me...
    Last edited by baddy trailerpark; Feb 19, 2014 at 05:46 PM. Reason: ostracism

on the coooooolllllddddd days in vb, and don't joke, we are sub 40 right now, I wear a pair of smartwool wool socks under my booties. Wool is still warm even when wet and it is basically what Patagucci is doing to charge air jordan prices for their booties.

My feet get cold no matter what. Trudging through the snow and the spongeiform sand; cold, cold, cold.

I get that I could wear wool socks underneath my booties when in the water.

But what about the trudge through the snow? I hate how cold and dirty my booties get before even surfing. Do any of you guys put bags or something over your booties? I'm thinking of getting some oversized winter boots (probably gore-tex) to put over them. Who knows, might even help in the water- warmth + traction, how could it not?