LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    I see this all the time in the summer. In this situation both of them seem clueless. Barring some unexpected movement of other surfers I could thread the needle between 2 people not much wider then my board. Learned this surfing crowded sandyhook shore break back in the 70's and honed it for all these years. Is this case the guy could have easily dropped in around her and pushed her back rather than hit her. The problem is neither of them know what they are doing. When out surfing around other people you need to be fully aware and know the skill level of those around you and where you fit in that pecking order. Nothing worse for me then seeing a beginner blowing wave after wave and when one finally lines up perfectly for me, see them turn and paddle like this girl, like a complete dumb ass, with no understanding whatsoever of how it works out there. This is one of the only times that I vocalize negatively in the line up and shout people off left and right on busy days. I'm seeing this more and more with all the surf camps and lessons being given. There are so many **** heads in the water all summer it's crazy sometimes. The moral of this, If you don't know what your doing, do everyone a favor and stay away. Although the truth is I have had some of my best sessions in a crowded lineup of wannabes where I'm top dog and everyone with a clue goes elsewhere because of the crowd.
    Last edited by Zippy; Feb 16, 2014 at 04:09 AM.

I guess I should watch the video again to confirm this... but right after the collision there is a third shooter... I mean third person in the mix. Im wondering if this guy was a factor in why the longboarder ran over the girl... maybe he thought he would run this guy over who was in the impact zone worse than a collision with the girl?... I could be wrong.. I guess I'll go watch it again.

the third person is getting back onto his board in a spot that would have put him directly in the impact zone...
    at 26 second mark you see that head in the white water...
    Last edited by MFitz73; Feb 16, 2014 at 01:35 PM.

Images
    That's interesting I just saw that

Yes, interesting. There seems to be someone floundering or fleeing in the way of the rider that he may have been trying to avoid at the 8 sec mark.

Wow! That is painful to watch. She's a total kook but give her some props, that's one tough chick. Wonder if she ever went surfing again?

If she does still surf, I'll bet she sets up waaaayyyy outside!

Slide On.

Kook confetti to the infinite power.

Quote Originally Posted by Liamsdad View Post
    When these things happen and people imply that she somehow
    deserves to get run over....wow! Nice....
    Dont surf with me kook, both (likely all) of the people in that video are dangerous idiots, dont make excuses for them

this will happen more and more. Here is a general outline: hyper good athlete wants to surf, takes his/her triathlon training and within a few months and can paddle in and take off. Now he/she thinks she/he can come surf wherever, she/he skipped the part of learning how the lineups/hierarchies and ocean functions, its moods, its tides, its nooks and crannies with different wind directions, what a swell does on a lunar low tide at spot x and why no one is surfing it....... and without that needed decade plus of ocean experience he/she is a danger to everyone ...and....wait for it....DESERVES TO GET PUT IN THEIR PLACE. If there was a humble attitude, and people listened to suggestions like 'you arent ready for this crowd/wave/ledge/etc' that would be one thing, but the egos these clueless clowns bring to the world's lineup is a scourge and I am all for having these people self select out (of surfing world or gene pool)by their own idiocy. They deserve it.

Please go home kooks. dont start surfing

//rant off
    Last edited by MakeItStop; Feb 16, 2014 at 04:40 PM.

That girl had no bidniz going out. Not because she didn't wait her turn at the take off point, but because she has no survival instincts. I've been stabbed by fins twice and klunked in head more times than I can remember (Amnesia I reckon). One should have immediately climbed back on and belly whomp in. When I was bleeding like a pig, I was running across the water dragging my board behind.

She didn't drop in. She was paddling, saw him up, and stopped. She was not going... He's the douche that can't control his board.

I gonna start surfing with a sword to cut off the heads of "kooks" who think they can surf. I mean there so dangerous they should just be beheaded duh. You gotta give respect to get respect. No kooks should live.