close ad [x]

PUERTO RICO travel - Any Advice??

Hey all-
    Just a Lake Superior surfer trying to get some advice on Puerto Rico (Yeah, some of us surf in the lake). My wife and I are flying there next February, and we're looking for a place to stay for two weeks, best spots for mellow surf and mellow localism, and best sightseeing/activities while we're not wet. Any advice is much appreciated. Looking to go low cost, probably around $600-$800 for the two weeks for lodging. If you know of any great off the beaten path restaurants, things you can't miss when we're there, etc. let me know.

surfchick88 Guest
    Hey there. I used to surf Lake Erie, yeah there are waves in the midwest at times! I stayed at a place in Rincon Puerto Rico a few years ago. If you email me privately I'll tell you about my experience at this place but I don't want to put it on the forum.

Thanks, I will. If anyone knows of any board rental shops down there let me know.

i rented from bobby (don't remember last name). he's from VB, but lives out there with a local lady. he lives out north rincon and has a pretty rad little grill setup at his home. he also makes some insane sushi. PM for his cell number. he has a number of board for rent for like 250 for 7 days.

Funny you mention him. My wife wound up finding him already. He seems like a nice guy and we're staying at a place he has down there. We can't wait!