LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Between Wilmington and Charleston, which offers more consistent and quality surf?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wilmington

34 91.89%
  • Charleston

3 8.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NC vs SC

NC vs SC

Wilmington vs Charleston<br /><br />Which area offers more consistent and quality surf?

Wilmington = WB, CB etc…

Charleston = Folly
    Last edited by SurfJdog; Feb 20, 2014 at 01:38 AM.

Images
    are you ****ing kidding me? c-town is were its at nc standing nothing sc the best state and surf spot in the union. yall are just northern wanta beez. we are hard like steel in the Carolina of the south and our waves are death pounds instead of shore pounds. this is the type of thread starts segregatin from the union. we have better food and waves and culture. we also have more guns and mobile homes hell my friend just got a new double stack. our fish are bigger and we got more, plus c-town has its own brew company way better then anything piss of of nc , the shine here is better to. nc mine as well be south Virginia beach or new jersey with all the vb people in the outer banks. yeah carolina cutbacks the famous surf move were invented here to.
    Last edited by sandblasters; Feb 20, 2014 at 01:32 AM. Reason: iphone 5s

Images
    Wilmington is full of hipsters and stoned college punks ive been told as well

Images
    one word... cam richards son cam richards.

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    You've never been nor surfed anywhere in Southern NC…so you can't really say which is better

Quote Originally Posted by sandblasters View Post
    While this may be true the wave quality is better in WIlmington vs Charleston. For the local "wildlife" I would say Charleston wins.

Images
    dude ive surfed all over the jungle surfdawg the south is my home. ive been everywhere and anywhere dont tell me where i have and havnt been. ive even surfed the great lakes. rcarter for once i have to disagree with you. Wilmington doesnt stand a chance against c-town, ive caught c town so good that the barrels last for a good quarter mile. the only place int he world that contends with chuck town might be the north shore or indo. but other then that your not even close. belmar is a good runner up though, but still not a death pound on mackin freight train waves.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    While this may be true the wave quality is better in WIlmington vs Charleston. For the local "wildlife" I would say Charleston wins.
    Can you clarify what you mean by "wildlife"

Quote Originally Posted by SurfJdog View Post
    Can you clarify what you mean by "wildlife"
    The residents. Sandblasters got it pretty darn right on his take of the folks around Wilmington. Course in Charleston you got a bunch of preppy frat boy douche bags. They are both cool places and I like them but as for wave quality and quantity Wilmington area wins for sure.

All great info here.

For the record, SENC generally gets larger and more consistent swells than the Charleston Area. I'm not sure how significant the difference is, probably by 1-2' and maybe 10-20% more swells in a year. I dunno.